Outdoor Started Inside???

• Thread starter OutdoorOH
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bulldog11

Bulldog11

@MrRojos you claim your not the most experienced grower, yet you insist on telling the most experienced growers on the boards they are assuming too much.....Blaze and even Markscastle, agrees.

I will ask you a couple questions, wonder if you can answer.

How can you grow a plant with optimal health with small indoor containers? How is your soil applying optimal amounts of nutrition? Minerals? How is your bacterial life? Please explain how this can happen with optimal results with indoor containers and small soil volumes from (yes I am assuming) fresh soil?

Here is some real information, from a real agronomist. Not Hightimes! (face palm)

All info in italics are quotes from other sources.

John Kempf is a leading crop health consultant and designer of innovative soil and plant management systems. John is the founder and CEO of Advancing Eco Agriculture.

John, a member of the Amish community, grew up on a fruit and vegetable farm in Northeast Ohio and experienced first hand the challenges faced by many crop producers. Growing fresh market vegetables since 1994, John witnessed intensifying disease and insect pressure on crops which gradually failed to respond to the usual pesticide treatments.

John is an internationally-recognized speaker on the topic of biological agriculture and plant immunity. He has a unique ability to simplify and clearly explain very complex concepts in the areas of soil and plant health. He skillfully discusses the larger social and environmental impacts of food, agriculture, and ecology.Through intense study, the knowledge gleaned from many industry leaders, John began building a comprehensive systems-based approach to plant nutrition - a system solidly based on the sciences of plant physiology, mineral nutrition, and soil microbiology.

John’s mission is to provide support to the world’s farmers and globally impact our food supply. He founded Advancing Eco Agriculture in 2006, which has quickly become a leader in the area of soil and plant nutrition. To learn more about John, visit his LinkedIn profile.

Ok, now for some science: Keep in mind we are talking optimal plant health, and what those different stages are. Just because your plants are big and green, really doesn't mean a thing.

Now before I move too fast, is everybody with me?

So I asked, "How can you grow a plant with optimal health with small indoor containers? How is your soil applying optimal amounts of nutrition? Minerals? How is your bacterial life? Please explain how this can happen with optimal results with indoor containers and small soil volumes from (yes I am assuming) fresh soil?"

Can somebody now see the connection between plant health, and the ability to keep that plant in full health. If you understand the process in which Mr. Kempf was explaining in the video, that can't happen in small indoor containers. You need soil that is mature, full of bacterial and fugal compounds, ph stable, mineral rich that is plant available, ext ext.

I have a ton of proprietary information that I attained at a seminar in which John Kempf was a speaker, plant sap seminar. He really dove into why plants need to maintain rapid growth. It's clear as day to me. If anybody cares for me to continue, I will. However I wont respond to negativity.

Just food for thought, listen from the point I started the video, up to 32 seconds. That gives you an idea on what you need to learn/know to fully understand what I am talking about. So many facets in growing, just saying more veg time equals bigger yields is ignorant.

Last edited:
Bulldog11

Bulldog11

...... & growing in a greenhouse out west in a legal state helps regarding bugs, winds, rains, hail, sleet, snow frost damage !!!

Still looking for some swollen, milky white trichome / lime green gunky funky A+ " finished " buds up and down the plants ..... Pin drop -

View attachment 578302
View attachment 578299

First off, you did a great job.

Second, I think we all know how to grow, lets not get crazy in here.

Now I will get a little critical. Not sure why you think your nugs are so swollen, milky, white trichome / lime green gunky funky A+ and mine isn't. I will note however, you took a picture with all the fan leafs taken off, so it looks much cleaner that way. Also, that looks like clusterfunk, or a chem hybrid which will naturally look that way.....genetics has a ton to do with it. (the last set of pics you posted)

The plant you are showing is what, maybe 5' tall? It gets exponentially harder to grow quality with quantity. I would be more impressed if you were able to show an entire plant shot.

With all that said, your nugs look dank.

Last edited:
MrRojos

MrRojos

Funny you mention John kempf.Or as I've called him my whole life uncle kemp.Yes you are a great grower but no you are not some kind of something special.
My physio analysis of you is [email protected] determinations of people's skill set,standards of living,and mind frames based solely on a few vague statements from them indicate a low level of intellectual intuition,sub par educational background,imbred cultural heritage,and definitely a inferiority complex to just name a few.
You learn a script wrote by others,memorise it then proceed to transform into your "cave man's club" which is then used to in your mind "beat" your "greatness" into everyone who you do not idolize.
Your need to show your best when acting your worse would definitely be linked to you feeling inferior.Usually,since I'm guessing your older than 40 your main influence which makes you lash out at others is your wife's teleconnetic signals your brain procieves as she deems you inferior.Your thinking your wife is unimpressed with your manlyhood is what without you knowing it one of your core drives to from day to day win different scenarios.
Your portraying yourself as a educated,clever,manly man when in fact your words to a physiologist tells him your a uneducated,script reading,mean little boy who most likely wears lady under garments when you feel threatened which is Textbook behavior for a self loathing fella such as yourself.
Pm me your real name and I'll ask uncle kemp if he knows you.From your script reading idolizing manorisms I'd almost be willing to bet if he's heard of you he probably would say your a border line stalker and possible peeping tom.
Get some help@bs11 I see right threw you and like your wife am very very unimpressed.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

What is going on here? I am talking plant science, and you attack me personally? WoodFired back again? Dam you're pathetic.

Last edited:
MrRojos

MrRojos

I'm talking your useage of plant science is a tool you use to reveal your true self.
Let's be real,you do not care about science or you'd be a science teacher,speaker,writer etc.
Your a forum stalking troll/bully who has memorised a "how to grow pot" script in order to make yourself feel good by making others feel bad.
When you choose to ignore people's questions then proceed to down them,then lift them back up in the end is not your interest in "plant science".
It's your NEED to show what your a man but we both know your not a man my friend your a scared mean little overwhelmed overweight princess.:(

SpiderK

SpiderK

I'll just say this before a great thread gets de-railed.

Debate is fantastic and draws out information. We all can learn things from each other. I hope bulldog11, mrrojos keep posting content, keep posting idea's that do not line up with mine. The only way you truly learn is from failure .... MrRojos I look forward to your testing this summer. Your climate is very different than mine and brings with it new challenges, same with BullDog - everything is a battle and every environment has things that can be exploited and issues that will need correction again, learning via someone else walking the path. When I started my grows sucked, learned a ton from silverback and other outdoor greats most of the good things I've done are from others doing it first or making mistakes or pointing something out I did not think of ....

& even the .pdf white papers I dropped mean nothing until you can use them and see real world results because everything sounds great on paper until it's tried in a certain / your environment really mean nothing.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Proof is in the pudding. Let's stop the redrick and show our results this grow. We can make a pool and winner takes all. We need to choose a judge and any roles such a posting pictures as we grow along with descriptions of our process. Samples as well as the grow info and measurements submitted to the judge. We should pick one strain , the same one for all to use for the grow test. Should be from seed and/ or cutting.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I agree Mark, sounds very fun. Maybe we should agree ahead of time the winner gets bragging rights.

I will only be growing from seed this year. I suggest Bodhi gear. I won't allow any more cuts in my garden.

Start up another thread with the rules Mark. I don't think anybody want's to hear rules coming from me.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
We should all agree on the rules , the judge and was thinking the farmers here could be the jury when it comes to bragging rights. Each of us should put cash or promissory posting up for the winner of the pool. Say $100 bucks each ? Or would anyone want to go $1000 ?

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Thinking we could ask Logic and Bodhi , maybe one other person to be judges. I'd like to have someone like maybe Heath Robertson from the UK or someone else well known but we need to agree that they will judge the info and pictures as within the agreed rules and that the vote of farmers will decide the winner. The winner will based on yield of one plant. Three can be grown but the weight of your best of the three will determine the winner. Quality will also be judged but will not effect the winner of the pool. Judges will determine the quality before the other judging and disclose that winner before farmers vote on the pool winner and deside how much that plays into there voting.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
The idea is not to completely determine the winner on weight but overall value of the results. If the weight is close the quality of bud would then break a close tie.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
But the argument is about if vegging longer than a natural outdoor season makes for a larger yield . Don't care if they veg indoors for a. Few months first as long as they are put outside no sooner that June 1rst . And they all get to grow through a full season outdoors. Say until the end of Oct. I beleave I can grow as large a yielding plant that's a seedling when planted by June 1rst. As a two month old plant that is 24 inches when planted on the same date and of the same genetics. I contend veg size is less important at planting that root strength and will catch up in weight if not overall size. The idea is plants have a genetic limit that they reach and given every other advantage will not produce more that that limit. Doesn't mater if they are a little larger when planted as much as they get what they need, they will reach that limit in one full outdoor season.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
With weight as the idea skill will also be included as different bud density and amounts of length between nodes will determine the weight as much as plant size and volume.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I have 50 years of growing experience so should i allow some kind of handicap ?

Blaze

Blaze

@B totally get what your saying . I guess I should of explained further. I'm only wanting to start them inside maybe a month before I plan on putting them out. Just that last month where the weather is questionable. I just wanna get a few going a little early so that when the time comes to go outside they'll be up and topped a couple times I'm hoping anyways. Im just a rookie and have only been growing bagseed the past few years outdoor and gonna get some good genetics to try this season and don't wanna screw em up before I get started

Which should work fine! The weather is a big factor, one of the reasons planting super early is not a good idea unless you are in a greenhouse. Allowing yourself leeway on your time table is a very smart move.

@Blaze if I were to veg in my warehouse a plant as big as yours pictured then place outdoors,who's would yield more??
I'm done
Ok, well yes, you could, but that would be totally moronic and not practical. Not to mention you would have spent 10 times what I probably do on light, power, nutrients, etc, just to get a little bit more yield. You need to be looking at your ROI (return on investment), a concept apparently lost on many. So no, more+more does not always equal more, that is just bad reasoning. What makes more sense, adding 4 months to veg time to get a 10-15 lb plant, essentially doubling your work and resource load, or doing what say Bulldog and I do and still hitting those same yields without wasting all that extra time and money? It should be pretty obvious....

My points are based on practical use and what actually works in the real world. Yours seem to be based on entirely theory with no regard to inputs, labor, or return. I was not trying to be a dick, I was merely pointing out that you can still get excellent size and yields with a lot less time and work. Frankly, if you have to start your plants in December to hit 10-15 lbs like you claim you do, you are a really terrible grower.

MrRojos

MrRojos

@Blaze @markscastle the rules of our contest should match up to what started all this.or no? Shouldn't be a rule of how long can prevegg right?
You both are sooo certain your seeds planted in June can catch up to a December vegg right? To set a rule against that now would be pretty lame.

Blaze

Blaze

I'm certain because I've seen a number of people over the years do a super early December-January pre-veg, and every single time the size and yield was no higher. Most experienced and competent outdoor growers figure this out after a few seasons.

I'm not going to argue with you anymore. You obviously have little to no experience with outdoor grows and are more interested in insulting people and making wild hypothetical "what-if" claims than having a discussion.

I've got better things to do (like actually growing) than get in some pissing contests with an immature internet wanna-be that doesn't even understand the basics.

MrRojos

MrRojos

An to some blaze people @Blaze your wasting hundred thousand gallons of water for a few plants as opposed to a little higher electric bill is as silly as you pretending to be some guru.
Congratulations u grow pot.if your plants grew as big as your head you'd be a ---champ-- but they don't so replace the a with a u..

OutdoorOH

OutdoorOH

Well this thread took a turn for the worst lol!! Didn't intent for the tread to cause drama between anyone here. As I agree with what all of you have to say. I appreciate all the input you have a gave and hopefully I can put it to use this season. I'm by far not a pro mj grower and dream of having trees like alot of you guys grow on here. I only grow a few plants each year (5-6) maybe? For personal. I'm also not gonna be growing 15- 20# trees either although I wish I was. I've had a couple get 4 and 5 ft tall and I seen from just them what it takes to have strong healthy plants let alone these monster trees you guys grow. I'm not wanting to veg my plants for months indoor but just for a month just to get a little bead start while there is still a chance for frost where I am at. After reading threw all this I am definitely going to try both ways this year and see what happens. I just do it for the fun and love of the plants. I get tons of enjoyment working with the girls throughout the summer and even more come winter having some free smoke that I grew. Again though thanks to everyone who commented on this post and feel free to keep it going threw your grows this year if you wanna post pics and techniques and we'll just all have to see what happens. I know what works for me might not for you or the next guy but that don't make them wrong if they do something different. I'm sure on a big scale compared to my couple little plants a whole lot of thing varie comparing the 2. Happy growing fellows keep em big and green:)

Top Bottom