Outdoor Supersoil

• Thread starter GrowingGreen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

Ah they just like us having a hard night drinking.. LOL feel groggy for a while and say fuck life but ultimately we bounce back.. :p Now you got the dosage down on bio so no more straight vodka for them.. Only a beer on friday nights.. LOL
I'll be hittin them with balance next week

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

Feeding day for the ladies, which im happy to say all confirmed females but 1 is still 5050 so 90% so far
Sprouted malted barley. 2cups in blender
Agsil /silica 20 ml
20 ml alaska fish fertilizer omri
10 ml bio-ag fulpower
20 gallons ro water no ph no ppm

Last edited:
Ecompost

Ecompost

Some info from a good man T. Wilson reference Growing with Organics and why it will always win for me is in the unknown consequences of synthetics. Note this debate clearly follows the principles of the Microbial Loop theory, but in doing so, also shows the limitation of MLT with regards a whole answer.

the difference between nutrient processing and utilization from a chemical and natural (or organic) standpoint (for want of a better word). The following information and opinion is stated by me and is derived from the citations and links provided. I use the words ‘apparently’ and ‘appears’ because I believe knowledge and science is fluid. I also don’t pretend to understand everything perfectly and may need correcting. Just because we know the Earth is not flat does not mean we know everything about it.

To simplify things I’ll restrict the discussion to the plant’s use of nitrogen (N). The forms of N which plant roots are able to uptake are in ionic form or soluble. These soluble forms of N are ammonium (NH4+) and nitrate (NO3-). Very simply stated these soluble forms of N are instantly available in chemical N and there is no need for any bacterial/archaeal (B/A) mineralization to make them available to the roots of plants. There is some indication that some soluble ammonium is utilized by B/A and mineralized into nitrates, however this appears (to me) somewhat an opportunistic occurrence (from the B/A perspective). So yes we can concur that B/A eats and thrives on some chemically provided ions but this action is not a necessary one for the plant to uptake exactly the same ions as are being consumed by the B/A. In certain circumstances the B/A will be in competition with the plant for these nutrients. So it appears that plants can grow in this fashion without interaction by mineralizing B/A. It appears that the chemically provided ions (soluble N) completely bypass the microbial nutrient cycle.

With natural or organic growing, N ( R-NH2 ) for the plant is contained (sequestered) in a non-soluble (non-ionic) form in organic matter (or in the case of the gardener; compost and other soil foods). It is true that there are certain known bacteria (and now some archaea) which directly fix and supply ionic forms of N to the roots of plants and this is an area where ‘we’ are still learning so all is not known by any stretch. However soil scientists have discovered and it is common knowledge (as knowledge goes) that the bulk of NH4+ and NO3- are delivered to the roots of plants by protozoa (flagellates, amoebae and ciliates). This occurs in a complex network ostensibly, controlled in large degree by the plant. The plant releases compounds from the roots which feed B/A, thereby increasing the B/A population. The B/A consumes/processes forms of R-NH2 or forms which are pre-degraded by fungi and or other B/A. The B/A further multiply with a good supply of food and their large population encourages the excysting (hatching from cysts) and dividing of protozoa. The protozoa prey upon the B/A and in an approximate 30 minute period complete the excretion of NH4+ and/or NO3- available to the roots of the plants. Apparently protozoa only utilize 30 to 40 percent of the nutrient consumed making 60 to 70% available to plants and many have a division cycle of 2 hours so the efficiency of this nutrient delivery system is considerable. Just as it began, the microbial N cycle can be rapidly shut down by chemical emissions from the plant. It is apparent that the nutrient needs of the plant can change within short periods (perhaps in hours). There is much yet unknown, however I hypothesize that even disease control may be effected by a sudden reduction of N in the rhizosphere. This is certainly something which cannot be effectively manipulated by chemical N applications.

My goal in writing this was to illustrate the stark differences between the use by a plant of chemically provided ions and those derived through the microbial nutrient cycle. I believe I have succeeded. There are other ways which plants obtain N, such as through fungal interactions but that is nature; always have a back up.

I did fail to find information detailing the effects of chemical soluble N on protozoa populations. Although we humans have great confidence in our ability to mimic natural molecules sometimes we discover it is the subtle variances going unnoticed which end up having the greatest effects.

Blaze

Blaze

Plants are looking really healthy. I like the cover crops in the pots too, that is an interesting idea. If we didn't have some many damn rodents out here I would definitely consider a living mulch for my plants....

Ecompost

Ecompost

Haven't tried comfrey gonna have check that out!
Comfrey is a serious product buddy, K+AMINO has some in it, among others. Be sure to get the infertile seeds if you can find any, or they will take over your live, no joke. You can ferment the plant, roots and leaves. As a worm feed they are awesome. Do you add any Barley or grains to the worms? I recommend this also if you dont currently. lots of awesome benefits to barley and worms ravage it

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

Comfrey is a serious product buddy, K+AMINO has some in it, among others. Be sure to get the infertile seeds if you can find any, or they will take over your live, no joke. You can ferment the plant, roots and leaves. As a worm feed they are awesome. Do you add any Barley or grains to the worms? I recommend this also if you dont currently. lots of awesome benefits to barley and worms ravage it
I will definitely do that ! When i brew & feed with barley, the barley dits on top of soil as well! Coo doggy

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

I am just brewing a protozoa tea myself. I added a top dress of vermicast and tracerlite as I have a rising pH in the peat tub. I need to fix it quickly as I am hemorrhaging nitrogen.. GAH
Nice im brewing a homemade worm casting tea w some blackstrap molasses & humic/fulvic I'll add in later or should i lut it now

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

@Ecompost, Ladies are lovin the warmth just thriving, 1 week after nanobreath applications leaf production is aggressive must have grown 6" biobalance foliar will be applied tomorrow
Eco does bio-balance & humic/fulvic ok to use together or at different times

Ecompost

Ecompost

Nice im brewing a homemade worm casting tea w some blackstrap molasses & humic/fulvic I'll add in later or should i lut it now
from taking many hundreds of slides of ACT, we find you should not add humic acids to ACT as it delays the biology and appears to provide no benefit. While its not hamrful, it simply slows the brew, time added might add up as they say :-) By all means run a humic treatment through before or after application of the act

Top Bottom