Mixing some soil for 2016

2yds of nursery grade soil
24 bag of soil / FFOF-ROOTS ORGANIC - COCO
50lbs of roots organic worm castings
20lbs bat guano
25lbs of fish bone meal, azimite, kelp meal, oyster shell, blood meal
2 lbs epson salt
8oz of root magic (BPN) microhaizae
are you cooking this, for how long? have you added the mycos? If yes why? Will they still be alive when you add a plant? Depends but may be not, the salts will kill most glomus anyways, so the epsom would be a killer of that $$$$ myco powder imo. I reckon you would need about 90 days to cook this lot.
I would add free ranging bacteria, not mycos mate, help mineralize the inputs in to ions

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

are you cooking this, for how long? have you added the mycos? If yes why? Will they still be alive when you add a plant? Depends but may be not, the salts will kill most glomus anyways, so the epsom would be a killer of that $$$$ myco powder imo. I reckon you would need about 90 days to cook this lot.
I would add free ranging bacteria, not mycos mate, help mineralize the inputs in to ions
Yes sir i put 8 oz root magic b4 i found out in order for myrohiazae to work it requires roots, lol my loss lesson learned! The soil has been cooking since jan 17 th ! Also i have worms sliming there way through the soil leaving slime so that everything sticks to it , with fungai strands or hyphae growing thru soil spores , i believe glomalin coats soil particles like super glue eventually these making these aggregates or clumps these aggregates changethe soil pore space making it easier for the soil to hold water and soluble nutrients for plant to use! :) wow can't believe that came out of my head, didnt mean to go off subject but i love this organic stuff! @Ecompost,

Last edited:
Ecompost

Ecompost

@Ecompost, can you explain a little bit bout free ranging bacteria or give me some reading material? Thank you brother
sure, http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1002016008600429
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3294487/
http://www.differencebetween.com/difference-between-bacteria-and-vs-fungi/

bacteria dont need plants to live, so you can get these in to your pile before you plant up, they will go through the mix and pull out the good stuff, releasing enzymes and antibiotic properties in to the substrate, along side humates such as the soil glue to which you earlier referred, called Bio Film commonly when specific to bacteria. Soil dwelling microbes like Bacillus spp. Azotobacter spp. etc etc can fix NH4+ from N2 and Mo interactions, later on when you get fungal relations, these will call in the biome of bacteria and the big exchange will begin :-) Fungus like mycos need bacteria, just as we need bacteria to digest food in our sacks or stomach, fungus use the same system, only external, we are the same :-)

The types of fungus, eg G. Intraradices, Trichoderma spp. that associate with cannabis, rely on free ranging microbes with which they themselves form relationships with, not our plants in most cases we know today. Our plants form relationships with fungus, and so it is from the chain that the truest benefit is released.
Bacteria and fungus modulate the environment and offer benefits not possible if plants grew alone. Bacteria rely on micros such as Mo, Mn etc, which they mine from minerals in the substrate, bedrock and so on, they need this for fuel, when our higher bacterial forms, eg flagelettes move through the colonies of Azotobacter, we often find a release of these micros as ions, which are then diffsued in to our plants, what is unused is often stored along fungal strands for later use, or picked up by other forms of bacteria where the process repeats.
Bacteria can hold and store ions on there bodies, preventing them from causing electrical fluctuation among our soil particle types, so helping prevent compaction and pH swings.

We need more than fungus to grow biologically, and it all begins with bacteria :-)
Hope that helps

Latest posts

Top Bottom