Outdoor to Indoor

• Thread starter SmokinAce 03
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SmokinAce 03

First o/d grow, was wondering if there is any drawbacks to bringing your plants indoors early to induce flowering? I want to bring in 2-3 at night so I will have something for myself a little earlier than usual. I figure bugs and manually having to drag pots in everyday will be a bitch but manageable. Will the midsummer heat be too hot for flowering (stretchy, airy buds)?

mr roboto

mr roboto

Just get some large cardboard boxes and just turn them upside down,over your plants for a few hours and take the boxes off when its dark. Get them boxes at a box store and your straight, fuck moving your plants everyday kuz thats bleeding into your smoking and T.V time!

S

SmokinAce 03

Thats a good idea, still wondering about the heat though. But definitely going to try that though, at least with the smallest one. Time isn't a factor at the moment, but bringing them into the grow room(its empty) at night allows a little bit of time control anyway if I fail to be there at the specific time in the evening or morning due to my other vices!

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

If there 8-9 week strains, there gonna be done around the 1st week of October. If you start bringing them indoors now there gonna be done last week of September. So I don't see a big benefit for all that work unless you really need to harvest them 1-2 weeks sooner.

S

SmokinAce 03

Really not that much work since it would only be two or three at the most, not the whole farm, and they are not that big yet. Is it only two weeks earlier? When does 12/12 photoperiod begin outdoors? I would start immediately because they are 2-4 ft. But you make a good point, I wouldn't have to do this the whole two months, just the first 3-5 weeks or so. Then let Mother Nature take back over. And yes, I do need some earlier. It gets very dry around here in september for some reason. Every year, commercial anyway. Thats why I got into this last year. Also the higher quality helped sway me to be a Farmer! And thanks for any help, it's much appreciated.

B

Badmf

Heres some news for ya there isn;t anything called 12/12 in nature it the strain specific dark trigger time and your plants will shortly go into it if they aren't already. Some of mine are starting and many others I have heard from all over from Seattle to san Diego are too, if there is not a reason to do this don't you will possilbly bring in pests too so if ya have an indoor grow avoid this temptation.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

They usually start to flower right now or in a week. In the northern hemisphere an 8-9 week strain will finish just about in the 1st week of October. If you start today, there probably gonna finish a week or 2 earlier, you might get tired of doing it everyday, especially once they get bigger during the stretch. Then again maybe it won't bother you.

If your gonna cover them with cardboard boxes, you have to make sure no light leaks and they have to be really big boxes to cover the entire plant during stretch and its bucket. Good luck on whatever you choose.

S

SmokinAce 03

If they are starting next week I can wait. I thought it was later for some reason. Still no preflowers on the seeded though clones had them for awhile now. I'm gonna try some a/f's next year to avoid this problem. Thanks.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
in the northern hemiphere the longest day was in late june...so the days are getting shorter already

we get close to 12/12 in late september

like Badmf said. some will start flowering soon...some wont start for another month or more..

lots of factors...strain..... seed/clone...etc

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

If they are starting next week I can wait. I thought it was later for some reason. Still no preflowers on the seeded though clones had them for awhile now. I'm gonna try some a/f's next year to avoid this problem. Thanks.

When growing outdoors they transition slower then indoors because outdoors the light decreases by a few minutes everyday, but indoors you go from 18 hours of light to 12 over night. If its an 8 week strain it should be done by the 1st week of October. If you bring them indoors today and keep doing it for a few weeks they should be done by the 4th week of September. So its up to you, it won't hurt if you take a couple plants like you said because your just gonna have them finish about 2 weeks early. The only problem is being there at the same time every morning and every night to bring them in and out 7 days a week for 4-6 weeks. I don't know how you can work that around your normal schedule, but if its possible for you to do that without too much headache then go for it, good luck bro.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
\ The only problem is being there at the same time every morning and every night to bring them in and out 7 days a week for 4-6 weeks. I don't know how you can work that around your normal schedule, but if its possible for you to do that without too much headache then go for it, good luck bro.

Yeah Im done with that crap...no more for me

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I'm sure it gets exhausting after the 1st couple weeks, thats why I let nature takes its course and I have my indoor going year round so I don't have to do any light deps.

S

SmokinAce 03

I actually started one two weeks ago, using my grow room as a temporary sun if don't wake up in time(8am) or put it in early if I won't make it back by 8. Either hasn't happened yet but I'm sure it will. It's too hot for indoors for me, any available a/c is going to me and mine. I can't really have a monster bill, too suspicious. Non medical state. It's been a bit of a hassle but it should be worth it to smoke a l'il god bud when everyone else is out in the dry month of september. Maybe I will appreciate it more!

Zonkerly

Zonkerly

I do the in & out style of growing too, cant afford any other way. Plus outdoor growing is illegal here.I have to move them several times a day,sucks, but easy done. Got a few journals you can check out, all grown in and out style !!

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I actually started one two weeks ago, using my grow room as a temporary sun if don't wake up in time(8am) or put it in early if I won't make it back by 8. Either hasn't happened yet but I'm sure it will. It's too hot for indoors for me, any available a/c is going to me and mine. I can't really have a monster bill, too suspicious. Non medical state. It's been a bit of a hassle but it should be worth it to smoke a l'il god bud when everyone else is out in the dry month of september. Maybe I will appreciate it more!

If you started one 2 weeks ago, it should be done in about 6 more weeks, so thats almost a month earlier then the rest (if there all 8 week strains). I hope you stay on top of it so good luck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom