Outdoor update: s1 unknown [Afghan peach tranny?] bud washing

• Thread starter Caterpillar_killa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Caterpillar_killa

Caterpillar_killa

One of my donkey dick colas from my own s1 seed stock. Yeah yeah yeah its a hermie, I know, let me have my glory lol

Do you guys wash your buds? you’d be surprised how much dirt and other crap comes off by simply dunking your crop in water and hydrogen peroxide. I also use dr zymes. It Leaves the buds pretty clean and improves how it looks. I sell mine as indoor lol told my buddy it’s how you make outdoor look like indoor. Pic is pre wash

Outdoor update s1 unknown afghan peach tranny bud washing
Outdoor update s1 unknown afghan peach tranny bud washing 2
gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I grow indoor so I'm not 100% sure about this type of thing but I wouldn't soak my buds in water and especially not hydrogen peroxide. The water could very easily cause the buds to mold and I would much rather smoke a bud with a bit of dirt in it than a bud with hydrogen peroxide.

Caterpillar_killa

Caterpillar_killa

I grow indoor so I'm not 100% sure about this type of thing but I wouldn't soak my buds in water and especially not hydrogen peroxide. The water could very easily cause the buds to mold and I would much rather smoke a bud with a bit of dirt in it than a bud with hydrogen peroxide.
Even people that grow indoor wash their buds. If you have dirt on your lights you got dirt on your buds. You'd be surprised what comes off. The only way mold develops is if the environment is ultra high humidity paired with high heat and low air circulation. Or if part of the bud was eaten by bugs and is dry/dead. Never had problems with developing mold on big buds that are healthy. Its helps get rid of that dirt smell that weed can develop. You dip the buds in 3 buckets, 1 with your wash solution and the other 2 with plain water, so the hydrogen peroxide gets washed off theoretically speaking, people even use this method to rid of PM.

Anthem

Anthem

Washing buds is not something I would just do. I have done it and stopped PM but I would only consider washing buds if I had and issue like PM or bugs. Reason for not washing is as follows. I grow indoors presently and taking the buds outside and putting in a drench tank and hanging the colas outside with a fan running to get the humidity/water off the colas in the sunlight will degrade the trichomes. Trichomes and UV do not play well together. Also it might help clean the stuff off the buds but in the end a seasoned buyer can tell even light dep to full indoor. Just my two cents.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Even people that grow indoor wash their buds. If you have dirt on your lights you got dirt on your buds. You'd be surprised what comes off. The only way mold develops is if the environment is ultra high humidity paired with high heat and low air circulation. Or if part of the bud was eaten by bugs and is dry/dead. Never had problems with developing mold on big buds that are healthy. Its helps get rid of that dirt smell that weed can develop. You dip the buds in 3 buckets, 1 with your wash solution and the other 2 with plain water, so the hydrogen peroxide gets washed off theoretically speaking, people even use this method to rid of PM.
Sounds like it might be a good idea but I'm still going to stay away from it.

Goodthingsgrow

Goodthingsgrow

It’s not really necessary for indoor unless you have some environmental issues.
It really is a good idea for all outdoor growers to give them a good peroxide bath when you chop them down. The peroxide will not hurt you or your buds. It is important to gently shake the excess water out and air dry them whether with fans or wind.
It cleans out a lot of crap. Air pollution, bugs, bird shit and even powdery mildew.
All pleasant stuff that I myself don’t want to smoke.

Top Bottom