Outdoor Veg Times

• Thread starter Funkadelic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Hey all ... I have 15.5 hours of sunlight where I'm at.

Can I veg outdoors with clones or will they flower with this amount?

So i need a full 16hrs?

BudBogart

BudBogart

It depends on how much light time they are getting inside. If the are on 24/7 they would probably start to flower going to 15.5/7.5.
You want to transition the indoor lights to match the hours of daylight.

GoGreene

GoGreene

Things like shade direct sunlight all play a roll you have more sunlight then me right now and the only thing flowering for me are the autos..

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hey all ... I have 15.5 hours of sunlight where I'm at.

Can I veg outdoors with clones or will they flower with this amount?

So i need a full 16hrs?
Didn't we already discuss this? Did you not like my answers?
Nothing will flower in 15.5 hours of sunlight, that's too much daylight.
Clones that have been on 18/6 sure will. And then they'll flip back into veg.

N

Nog

Didn't we already discuss this? Did you not like my answers?

Clones that have been on 18/6 sure will. And then they'll flip back into veg.

Well the longest day of the year where I am is 14 hours and 24 minutes daylight.
And plants wont flower in that.

O

Ovireyallday

I picked up 7 King Louie clones about 40 days ago and kept them outside ever since and they've grown very well I think .I've been giving them fox farm grow big at first and since I noticed flowering in 30 days I switched to fox farm tiger bloom and it's been getting even juicer on the buds.now I know that King Louie is 60-65 day flower indoor and these been clones outdoors should I worry about them going back to they're veg stage since I'm in southern Cali and there's still plenty of light out ? If everything goes well they should be ready in a couple weeks I'm estimating.can anyone shed some light if I should be worried . I can post pics tomorrow if that will help

BudBogart

BudBogart

If you are in so cal, got clones 40 days ago, then 30 days ago started flowering, that is not a good thing. I hope I am misunderstanding.
They shouldn't flower until the end of summer. If they started to flower 10 days after you got the clones and put them outside they are flowering because of the rapid reduction in the hours of light the plant was receiving. They will get fooled into thinking winter is coming when light gets reduced.

O

Ovireyallday

If you are in so cal, got clones 40 days ago, then 30 days ago started flowering, that is not a good thing. I hope I am misunderstanding.
They shouldn't flower until the end of summer. If they started to flower 10 days after you got the clones and put them outside they are flowering because of the rapid reduction in the hours of light the plant was receiving. They will get fooled into thinking winter is coming when light gets reduced.
Ok I got them small 40 days ago they're all averaging 2ft-3ft tall.im reading everywhere that this clone of King Louie is a auto flower clone that finishes in 60-65 days and I'm assuming that's indoor and outdoor?

O

Ovireyallday

Ok I got them small 40 days ago they're all averaging 2ft-3ft tall.im reading everywhere that this clone of King Louie is a auto flower clone that finishes in 60-65 days and I'm assuming that's indoor and outdoor?
Although it's obvious the yield won't be as great as my usual 4-6 ms flowering seeds that grow huge and average about a lb and a half every two plants and that's my Tahoe seeds

BudBogart

BudBogart

Although it's obvious the yield won't be as great as my usual 4-6 ms flowering seeds that grow huge and average about a lb and a half every two plants and that's my Tahoe seeds
Okay, my bad... When you said they were clones I assumed they would not be autos. My understanding is that it is rare to clone autos as it disrupts a very short growing period.

O

Ovireyallday

Okay, my bad... When you said they were clones I assumed they would not be autos. My understanding is that it is rare to clone autos as it disrupts a very short growing period.
Interesting... I will post pics in the morning I have King Louie and white fire also some Tahoe seed wich looks like it won't be done till about sept-oct but so far they look great and I am hoping for the best maybe the pics will help me get more info and also thanks for your feedback very much appreciated

O

Ovireyallday

Interesting... I will post pics in the morning I have King Louie and white fire also some Tahoe seed wich looks like it won't be done till about sept-oct but so far they look great and I am hoping for the best maybe the pics will help me get more info and also thanks for your feedback very much appreciated

SpiderK

SpiderK

are you counting dawn and dusk times regarding sunlight spectrum hitting the plants because plants are very aware of this.

& the solstice date is important. are you following natural sun cycle regarding times beforehand ? you should have lined up times from day one with dawn / dusk times regarding artificial lighting. the stress from exiting totally artificial lighting is always an issue. they should be getting sunlight from the time you get clones if your moving them outdoors. i only run seeds but ya, they get daylight from day one ...... hardening off is a fools gold recipe for those stressing plants from the start. they should never get artificial light unless its inside greenhouse ( already getting natural light ) from day one -

outdoor, plants will start a very sloooow walk toward flowering after solstice, you will not see it outwardly until august but the process has started long before. look toward the natural process of an annual plant outdoor and mimic nature as closely in all aspects and then you will deal with less stress upon the plants. we get 14 hours 20 minutes of daylight on august 1st, w/ dawn dusk / twilight you add an extra hour. so indeed, plants will flower with 15 hours plus of light but the key is solstice and the time crashing 2 minutes per day and by me the temps dropping also quicken the process.

Last edited:
BudBogart

BudBogart

I'm still stumbling over auto clones. I googled both those strains and found no references to either King Louie or white fire autos.
You may want to check your information because if they are NOT auto you can still revert these plants to growing leaf and having a normal harvest come fall.
Growers use photosensitive clones by manipulating the light to extend the clones growing period.
Autos are not affected by light period manipulation and a clone from an auto would die from old age at the same time as the " mother" plant. A clone from an auto would spend most of its remaining life growing roots instead of buds.

O

Ovireyallday

are you counting dawn and dusk times regarding sunlight spectrum hitting the plants because plants are very aware of this.

& the solstice date is important. are you following natural sun cycle regarding times beforehand ? you should have lined up times from day one with dawn / dusk times regarding artificial lighting. the stress from exiting totally artificial lighting is always an issue. they should be getting sunlight from the time you get clones if your moving them outdoors. i only run seeds but ya, they get daylight from day one ...... hardening off is a fools gold recipe for those stressing plants from the start. they should never get artificial light unless its inside greenhouse ( already getting natural light ) from day one -

outdoor, plants will start a very sloooow walk toward flowering after solstice, you will not see it outwardly until august but the process has started long before. look toward the natural process of an annual plant outdoor and mimic nature as closely in all aspects and then you will deal with less stress upon the plants. we get 14 hours 20 minutes of daylight on august 1st, w/ dawn dusk / twilight you add an extra hour. so indeed, plants will flower with 15 hours plus of light but the key is solstice and the time crashing 2 minutes per day and by me the temps dropping also quicken the process.
Yeah they've been outside in the sun since they were cloned and have responded well if you ask me I am aware of the sun cycles and the process but was made aware that these are auto flowering clones so they flower 60 days no matter how much sun but stay pretty small compared to normal flowering plants this is my first time working with these but my seeded plants are getting bigger and bigger every day and should be ready around sept

Top Bottom