Outdoor Watering Advise?

• Thread starter dabarino
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dabarino

hey farm so I’m getting ready for 2019 outdoor season in Canada. I’m going to be growing 4 plants in 100 gallon pots. For watering in the past I have set up and garden hose to a cheaply made manifold to water the girls with spaghetti hoses.
This year I want to water with a timer so someone doesn’t have to tend to them all day since I’ll be working and I’m able to water during the hot summer days. So I’m thinking either 1 or 2 55 gallon drums to water them(I have an excavator on site I plan on burying the drums to keep them cool). My real question is should I add powdered nutes to the drums or should I amend the soil and go straight water with maybe a bit of something in there?

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

You'll need more than 2 drums come middle of summer

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

hey farm so I’m getting ready for 2019 outdoor season in Canada. I’m going to be growing 4 plants in 100 gallon pots. For watering in the past I have set up and garden hose to a cheaply made manifold to water the girls with spaghetti hoses.
This year I want to water with a timer so someone doesn’t have to tend to them all day since I’ll be working and I’m able to water during the hot summer days. So I’m thinking either 1 or 2 55 gallon drums to water them(I have an excavator on site I plan on burying the drums to keep them cool). My real question is should I add powdered nutes to the drums or should I amend the soil and go straight water with maybe a bit of something in there?

I was thinking of using 1/2 gal an hr drip system this year on a timer. I put 1/2" PVC pipes in the ground 5 years ago and broke a couple last month readying the soil so perfect timing to switch over. Sunny So Cal gets frickin HOT in the summer.

All I use these days is horse manure and tea made from it and a little blood meal.

Top Bottom