Over Fertilization? - It gets worse at "night" (13K grow)

• Thread starter iwasa.tool
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

iwasa.tool

OK, having some trouble... Take a look at the pics, it seems to be overfert but there may be some Mg def in there too... By the numbers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
Clones (except the pineapple express may be a seedling, but I very much doubt it)

2. How old are your plants?
The 2 most affected are the pineapple express and the large mhp. The pineapple express I'm not sure about, its been in the 5 gallon pot for about 50 days, and was probably about 2 months old when it went from a 1 gallon to a 5. The MHP was cloned on 3-8, went to a 1 gallon on 3-20 and to the 5 its in now on 5-13. That's approximately how the rest of the room is too.

3. How tall are your plants?
3 -4 feet.

4. What type of hydro system are you using?
60% hydroton 40% coir mixture in 5 gallon pots with holes and coco coir mat to keep everything in sitting in another 5 gallon w/ a 3/4" drain. Drain to waste nutes.

5. What brand/type of nutrients are you using?
Canna coco w/ ThriveAlive, then PK 13/14 and Boost when its time (not yet). Been using silicablast in the past but stopped a couple weeks ago because of persistent 'bloom of death'- clouding up when I drop it in the res.

6. What is the Ph of your nutrient solution?
I try to keep it at 5.8 but its been drifting upwards to like 6.3 as the res empties. I've been correcting but that's driving the ppm's up.

7. What is the PPM/EC of your tap water?
220 PPM, pH: 7.3

8. What is the PPM/EC of your nutrient solution?
Before adding pH down: pH: 6.9 ppm: 865
After adding pH down: pH: 5.9 ppm: 1050

9. What is the temperature of your nutrient solution?
Starts at 61*, tends to ride around 73*

10. Does your PPM/EC show a rise or fall when you do your daily PPM check?
As its DTW, only a very slight rise (normally not detectable) due to evaporation, and a rise when I readjust the pH.

11. Does your pH show a rise or fall when you do your daily check?
Its been creeping up to around 6.3 even after repeated corrections over the 3-5 day life of the res.

12. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
Neem, pyganic, though these haven't gotten anything in a while.

13. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
13K, 4K of Mh and 9K of HPS.

14. How close are your lights to the plants?
The closest branches are about 1 foot I'd say. The plants are on 3.75' centers.

15. What size is your grow space in square feet?
225 ft2, 15x15

16. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
Humidity between 50 and 80%, temp around 73*. There was an incident about a week ago where the temp got down to 43* due to a thermostat malfunction, and before that the cheap thermostat was giving them a roller coaster, fluctuating between 73 and 80 every 10 minutes.

17. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
Mites, mostly contained on 1 plant, I'm going to get on it tomorrow.

18. How much experience do you have growing?
4 yrs

So, what do you all think?

Pineapplxpress1
Over fertilization   it gets worse at night 13k grow 2
Romulan1
Roomoverview1
D

Donk Frog

If you are in flower your humiity should run more around 35-40%, with more heat 80-82F or 25-27c IMHO. How is the air exchange in there, most likley not very good at those humidity levels, check for fungus gnats or other pest damaging root system as well, another problem closly related with high humity or damp grow area........

B

bdawgburner

I would say to double check the other plants. If mites are on one they are on another. I had that problem once and thought it was contained. I ended up having to bomb the entire location.

I

iwasa.tool

thanks for the ideas

The humidity: I'm following the low stress KBS recommendations on humidity. That wouldn't create these problems, would it? I'll lower it when the buds start stacking but now I'm just letting them go full tilt.

As to ventilation: its a sealed room, its got a 5 ton A/C to keep things in check and a co2 burner thats set at 1100 PPMs, I believe.

mites: yeah, I'm sure they are on other plants too. I'm just not too worried about it. They aren't creating these problems.

So: what do you think about by nutes? Are they getting over ferted?

Thank you so much for the input.

-i.t.:smoke

girlwondergrows

girlwondergrows

Well it looks like "the claw" to me-

ReelBusy1, can cal mag issues create that downward curl? I'd agree there is some damage there that looks like cal mag.... by the way, what do you mean by cal mag? It looks like a mag def, do you think that's being caused by an imbalance in calcium or something?

Good luck iwasa,,

S

shdowlkr

7. What is the PPM/EC of your tap water?
220 PPM, pH: 7.3

8. What is the PPM/EC of your nutrient solution?
Before adding pH down: pH: 6.9 ppm: 865
After adding pH down: pH: 5.9 ppm: 1050

feeding PPM seems low for plants of that size. Damage resembles -P.. I'd try bumping the PPM up by 200 and see how the plants take it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom