Over nutrient seedlings or what?

• Thread starter Newbelinginaz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Newbelinginaz

Newbelinginaz

10 day old seedlings planted in Ocean Forest. Can they recover, or should I just move on?

Watering to runoff with 6.3 ph every three days and a LUX of 7000. Blue Dreamatic Autogrow

Evidently, I need to work on my growing skill set.
Over nutrient seedlings or what

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

The problem was probably the Ocean Forest. it's too hot for seedlings.

There is hope, but you'd have to transplant and shake most of the soil off the seedlings. If these aren't from valuable seeds, I'd start over.

Seedlings need no nutrients for about 10 days.

Is the soil wet? Do you have a lot of drain holes in those things?

Newbelinginaz

Newbelinginaz

There is hope, but you'd have to transplant and shake most of the soil off the seedlings. If these aren't from valuable seeds, I'd start over.

I just watered, and the cups drain quickly. What is a good seedling soil?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I don't know, because I usually mix up my own, with Pro-Mix, worm castings and/or compost as a base. Adjust pH with a little dolomite (only enough to ensure the pH is 6.2-6.5). I just happen to be familiar with Ocean Forest, which I occasionally use when I'm lazy.

If there is a grow shop in your area, ask for a soil without nutrients. You can also mix the OF with a soil that has no additives.

Newbelinginaz

Newbelinginaz

Thanks all, back to the drawing board with one seed left. Ill get this figured out with your help.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Those are watered way to often. Ocean forest is not “hot”. I have started hundreds and hundreds of seedlings in it with no problem. It takes over a week for my ocean forest with 25% added large chunky perlite mixed in to dry enough for re watering in a party cup like that. Sooner watering will cause problems every time.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Let those cups truly dry out real light and i bet the seedlings start to green back up. But seriously so light when yoi pick up the cup you are like “whoa!” Thats alarmingly light. And OF always needs added perlite for drainage or is way too easy to overwater. And dont forget. Overwatering is watering too often more than too much water at once. The roots need dry time to search and grow.

Newbelinginaz

Newbelinginaz

Let those cups truly dry out real light and i bet the seedlings start to green back up. But seriously so light when yoi pick up the cup you are like “whoa!” Thats alarmingly light. And OF always needs added perlite for drainage or is way too easy to overwater. And dont forget. Overwatering is watering too often more than too much water at once. The roots need dry time to search and grow.
Thanks, and very well said. I have nothing to lose by letting them dry out. and starting another seed. I think I will read some of your posts for enlightenment.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thanks, and very well said. I have nothing to lose by letting them dry out. and starting another seed. I think I will read some of your posts for enlightenment.

i learned from books, university info and greenhouse guides and such. Just passing on the good info. ;-)

growsince79

growsince79

100% wrong. I can start seeds in FFOF no problem at all. I can even root cuttings in it. These seedlings are overwatered, probably since planting.

growsince79

growsince79

100% correct answer.

Newbelinginaz

Newbelinginaz

100% wrong. I can start seeds in FFOF no problem at all. I can even root cuttings in it. These seedlings are overwatered, probably since planting.
Thanks, two months learning curve and seven seeds later I am still killing things with water. At least it is a habit that's easy to fix.

TheForechecker

TheForechecker

Thanks, two months learning curve and seven seeds later I am still killing things with water. At least it is a habit that's easy to fix.

I started in September and have had plants going since then.

I was (and still am) REALLY hard on these plants.

I've overfed, underwatered, gave to much light, messed up the temp and humidity weekly and even managed to accidently leave lights on or doors open during the dark period. That doesn't included me bumping and pushing plants or by prehistoric pruning skills.

So all that shit and my biggest problem was nute lockout from high soil ph. I received a Bluelab Soil ph meter last week and outside of all the environmental issues that have been resolved...the soil ph is what got me. Everything is looking better already.

Newbelinginaz

Newbelinginaz

I started in September and have had plants going since then.

I was (and still am) REALLY hard on these plants.

I've overfed, underwatered, gave to much light, messed up the temp and humidity weekly and even managed to accidently leave lights on or doors open during the dark period. That doesn't included me bumping and pushing plants or by prehistoric pruning skills.

So all that shit and my biggest problem was nute lockout from high soil ph. I received a Bluelab Soil ph meter last week and outside of all the environmental issues that have been resolved...the soil ph is what got me. Everything is looking better already.
Thanks for the thoughts. I am starting over again in a few days with a new light LUX level for seedlings. I have added a RO system to take my TDS to 15, new lights to be able to lower the intensity to seedling level, and a humidifier. It has been a balancing act of changing humidity, temperature, and light to dial the room in.

The dream of the first pipe full is keeping me going. Smoked any of it yet?

TheForechecker

TheForechecker

Thanks for the thoughts. I am starting over again in a few days with a new light LUX level for seedlings. I have added a RO system to take my TDS to 15, new lights to be able to lower the intensity to seedling level, and a humidifier. It has been a balancing act of changing humidity, temperature, and light to dial the room in.

The dream of the first pipe full is keeping me going. Smoked any of it yet?

Well my first plant was 12" tall (Blueberry) and gave me 2oz of dried crop. It had like 6 HUGE buds. It was low quality and potency.

My second run I ended with 3 critical mass and they cave me 8oz dried. Again low quality, but pretty potent, so I made 2 liters of THC oil. I was paying $90 for 30ml and I just made 2000ml out of some shitty critical mass weed and its great!

Here is a scrappy bunch, some bagweed, 5 power kush and another blueberry. They are recovering from nute lockout and what ill assume is miniaturization from too much light or light AND nute lockout.

I should probably start a grow journal.
20210311 141110

I thought this was doing better as it looked like it was turning more green, then overnight it went yellow.
20210311 141122

New run...
20210311 141201

Last edited:
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Those are watered way to often. Ocean forest is not “hot”. I have started hundreds and hundreds of seedlings in it with no problem. It takes over a week for my ocean forest with 25% added large chunky perlite mixed in to dry enough for re watering in a party cup like that. Sooner watering will cause problems every time.
+1

Top Bottom