Over or under watering...pests??

• Thread starter Sprayo1e
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sprayo1e

Can’t quite figure out my my lady isn’t happy. I thought it was overwatering at first but she doesn’t quite perk up If I let her dry out. Maybe ph issues? all the other plants in the tent get fed the same. Any ideas?

S

Sprayo1e

BB22DD56 D3AD 45D5 BC6D 693DB997CC87

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

This will help you get the best advice.

S

Sprayo1e

Soil ffof. Compost teas once a week with mung bean teas and compost teas every so often. The pots are 2 gallon. 315 cmh with a 3100k bulb. 12-12 light schedule. Watering usually with molasses and kelp phed to 6.5 to 6.8. I don’t check soil ph or runoff

S

Sprayo1e

This will help you get the best advice.

Thanks

S

Sprayo1e

Also top dress barley and dr earths flower girl. Seabird guano and Langbeinite

S

Sprayo1e

Damn it also temps are 82. Rh is 55. And co2 is around 1000ppm

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Have bugs in the soil?

Whole plant pics?

Idk about all those additives. So I'm gonna just back up on this one. Organic is something I'm not comfortable giving advice on.

Looking like a root issue. Something bugs, over/under watering or nutrient build up.

S

Sprayo1e

Have bugs in the soil?

Whole plant pics?

Idk about all those additives. So I'm gonna just back up on this one. Organic is something I'm not comfortable giving advice on.

Looking like a root issue. Something bugs, over/under watering or nutrient build up.

I haven’t seen bugs of any sorts. I’ll test runoff water next watering if there’s something funky going on. It’s only affecting some section of the plant so maybe a root issue. I’ll come back with updates in a few days

PiGrow

PiGrow

Have bugs in the soil?

Whole plant pics?

I agree. This sounds like some kind of root rot that crept in when you were over watering and may be in there eating some of the existing nutrients, which is why they look underfed and such after still drying out.

We can also maybe identify things its not? It doesn't look like Calcium or Magnesium, so we can check that box?

S

Sprayo1e

I agree. This sounds like some kind of root rot that crept in when you were over watering and may be in there eating some of the existing nutrients, which is why they look underfed and such after still drying out.

We can also maybe identify things its not? It doesn't look like Calcium or Magnesium, so we can check that box?

Underfed and high ph. Did a slurry test for the first time and both my sativas read high ph and low Ppms. 7.8-8.2 and ppms less than 300. A runoff test will most likely happen within 2 days since I just watered. I’ve been too dressing dr earth flower girl but I guess not enough. I’ll probably do a tea to see if it helps any. I knew I was bound to get in some trouble it being my first grow. All the other ladies look pretty good though

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Underfed and high ph. Did a slurry test for the first time and both my sativas read high ph and low Ppms. 7.8-8.2 and ppms less than 300. A runoff test will most likely happen within 2 days since I just watered. I’ve been too dressing dr earth flower girl but I guess not enough. I’ll probably do a tea to see if it helps any. I knew I was bound to get in some trouble it being my first grow. All the other ladies look pretty good though
I don't think it looks under fed at all the PH can cause issues but again not seeing those issues. I could see possibly under/over watering. When leaves go limp like that the plant is not transpiring for what could be many reasons. I can't see anything that suggests the issue is at the leaves. So it has to be a root issue. PH can cause nutrient uptake issue and can lead to that but you would see deficiencies first.

S

Sprayo1e

I don't think it looks under fed at all the PH can cause issues but again not seeing those issues. I could see possibly under/over watering. When leaves go limp like that the plant is not transpiring for what could be many reasons. I can't see anything that suggests the issue is at the leaves. So it has to be a root issue. PH can cause nutrient uptake issue and can lead to that but you would see deficiencies first.

I did see deficiencies a couple of days ago. Nitrogen I assumed because of the lower yellowing and dying of the leaves. I cut all those off. I just bought a moisture meter to help out a little. Wouldn’t the whole plant be limp and heavy if I over watered? In my pic is really the only main drooping. I’m sort of in a bind with my lights too because I have 2 indicas with 2 sativas and the indicas are definately going to finish up earlier. I raised the indicas as much as I could so the canopies could be more even but even the. The sativas are both really close to the lights. I’m not sure what strains they are but the sativa on the other side seems to be happy and loving the light distance. On average how much water should be going into a 2 gallon fabric soil pot?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Okay I lied there are several droopy leavesView attachment 906502
There we go. They don't look bad at all its only the one plant. yeah i can see some signs of over feeding now. I'm genuinely a little stumped. I know the whole plant is showing signs but can you take the leaf temp of those one right up by the light? Maybe slight mag issue but that doesn't even seem right to me either. Im kinda leaning to "you were right" at this point on the PH but i think its more over fed

S

Sprayo1e

There we go. They don't look bad at all its only the one plant. yeah i can see some signs of over feeding now. I'm genuinely a little stumped. I know the whole plant is showing signs but can you take the leaf temp of those one right up by the light? Maybe slight mag issue but that doesn't even seem right to me either. Im kinda leaning to "you were right" at this point on the PH but i think its more over fed

Leaf temps are at 90. I know that’s high but other than the droop I see no signs of light burn or bleaching. I’m keeping a close eye on the both of sativas to make sure I can correct it if it becomes a problem. I’ll probably end up putting something under those middle 5 gallon pots to even the canopy out even more. Oh I also rotate the pots often so the light gets distributed an equal amount.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Leaf temps are at 90. I know that’s high but other than the droop I see no signs of light burn or bleaching. I’m keeping a close eye on the both of sativas to make sure I can correct it if it becomes a problem. I’ll probably end up putting something under those middle 5 gallon pots to even the canopy out even more. Oh I also rotate the pots often so the light gets distributed an equal amount.
See that would explain the drooping higher up on that plant but not the lower. stomata closing will cause leaf to droop. 90F is very high I will imagine these leaves will start crisping up soon and dry out and fall off

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

might have to bite the bullet and see if you can bend it over or end up super cropping.

whats your temp and humidity? i also notice its the furthest from the fan which will lower leaf temps through forced evaporation

S

Sprayo1e

75-82 and rh of 55-60%. I was thinking of supercropping but thought it was too late in flowering. I’m in the beginning of week 5. I’m glad you noticed the fans. Something as simple as trying to switch the two outside plants should give me a better answer. I don’t think you can see it but I have a small fan on the floor blowing air up so I’ll raise that fan to see if it helps.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

75-82 and rh of 55-60%. I was thinking of supercropping but thought it was too late in flowering. I’m in the beginning of week 5. I’m glad you noticed the fans. Something as simple as trying to switch the two outside plants should give me a better answer. I don’t think you can see it but I have a small fan on the floor blowing air up so I’ll raise that fan to see if it helps.
Yeah go by leaf temps and adjust ambient and fans to shoot for 75f leaf temps

Top Bottom