Over the hill and through the Trees

• Thread starter Lockebox
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Three years ago I sprayed Safers 3 in 1 insecticidal soap on my three and four node little plants. Damn near killed them! Took them over a week to get back to looking halfway normal. I’m glad you got better results. I put the shit away and haven’t gotten it out since. Lol.

Lockebox

Lockebox

Three years ago I sprayed Safers 3 in 1 insecticidal soap on my three and four node little plants. Damn near killed them! Took them over a week to get back to looking halfway normal. I’m glad you got better results. I put the shit away and haven’t gotten it out since. Lol.
Oh wow, well I'm glad I got better results than that! This was safer brand as well but just potassium salts, no 3 in 1 or anything.

Had it for a year and this was my first time using it lol

Lockebox

Lockebox

Well, I got beaned.
Auto was missing this morning so I did some digging and found this. Expensive meal, hope they enjoyed it
IMG 2023 05 31 06 48 31 581

Atleast this plant is doing well. Not sure what I'll put in the empty site now
IMG 2023 05 31 06 55 29 159

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

We live in a wilderness preserve, so we have visitations by all manner of beasts. The deer are the most prolific at ruining gardens, but raccoons and rodents do their share. So, I've tried various methods. I also once came face to face (about an arm's length away) with what must have been about a 12-point buck. Most does will quietly walk away, but this old boy let me know that he was in control. I decided I would be the one who walked away quietly.

One of my first methods was chili powder. It kept squirrels out of the engine compartment of our truck. Putting some on the branches of my apple trees made the raccoons angry, but didn't stop them.

What kept the raccoons away was placing a cylinder of sheet metal around the tree. The critters can't climb it.

I'd also recommend coffee grounds to keep snails and slugs away. I once lost most of one of my cannabis crops to slugs. I'd also add some diatomaceous earth. Slugs, snails and other pests don't like it.

P

PopPop67

You can take a bar of zest soap and cut shaving off it and put around all your plants. I put a few bars of zest soap every season for 8 plants grown 4 feet apart. I shave it as thin as I can and put some around the base of each plant about 4 inches from trunk. Then I scattered it all around the grow eara out to 6 feet away. It keeps most wild animals away. I also put out some cut up garlic and chili powder to help aid the soap. The soap will last about 6 weeks 1 put it out 3 times a grow season but I only use 1 bar of zest the 2nd and 3rd applications. Animals can not stand the smell of zest bar soap. Even cats and dogs shy away from it. Good luck hope to see some fat buds from your grow PopPop

Lockebox

Lockebox

You can take a bar of zest soap and cut shaving off it and put around all your plants. I put a few bars of zest soap every season for 8 plants grown 4 feet apart. I shave it as thin as I can and put some around the base of each plant about 4 inches from trunk. Then I scattered it all around the grow eara out to 6 feet away. It keeps most wild animals away. I also put out some cut up garlic and chili powder to help aid the soap. The soap will last about 6 weeks 1 put it out 3 times a grow season but I only use 1 bar of zest the 2nd and 3rd applications. Animals can not stand the smell of zest bar soap. Even cats and dogs shy away from it. Good luck hope to see some fat buds from your grow PopPop
Right on I appreciate all the info!
So far I don't think I'll have any animal issues(except for mice)but I may go ahead and try the soap just to be safe, especially considering the current events.

I think I'll go do some garlic powder today, maybe around the plant and surrounding area. Just something to deter grass hoppers hopefully

Lockebox

Lockebox

Looking pretty, damn good! Must be that green thumb of yours!
I wish that were the case but I think mother nature's to thank so far! Been having great weather and thunderstorms have handed all my watering for me

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Oh, sounds good! With mother nature handling some of the maintenance that will give you a time to go out and find a job if you haven’t already! Lol! Sound like your old man? Hang in there!

Lockebox

Lockebox

Oh, sounds good! With mother nature handling some of the maintenance that will give you a time to go out and find a job if you haven’t already! Lol! Sound like your old man? Hang in there!
Hahah man why are you always on my ass about getting a job?

Nah lol hopefully I'll be going back to my old forklift job next week. I'm taking my son back to Arkansas tomorrow then I can get working. Shoot I need to haha

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I knew you would! Just like ragging you about it! So far so good on the plant. Fingers crossed!

Top Bottom