Over Topping Plant Staying Too Short?

• Thread starter jimmytheduck
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jimmytheduck

Hey yall i have a batch of blue dreams. I topped one time as they were young. Then i felt they were getting a bit tall and not uniform so i topped the surrounding branches. As a result the plants are suuuper short and bushy. Bushy is fine but id lile them to stretch out a bit. They are bushy but the mind where the branches are buched up closed together. There is lots of grow space for the plants how can i get then to grow spread out again?

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
blue dream has a decent strech during the first few weeks of flower so i wouldnt worry to much, if you like you can use some bamboo sticks and some green ties pull the plant out to the sides and tie individual branches to the sticks. I would use atleast 2 sticks on oppisite sides and puull the most dominiate stem to each side, when u flower and strech, itll fill in nicely.

confu

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
the blue D cut i ran hasd a healthy strech I would leave those plants alone and flip them within a week.

confu

O

oregonmellow

Little tying down should open their centers a bit,with Confuten another week then flip them,nice grow bud,Peace.

S

smoothbud

This looks and sounds like my preferred method. I top to 3 or 4 stems let em grow a bit then top again to even them up a week or 2 before flip. End up with 9-16 tops per plant that will not win a big cola contest but fill hangers nicely.

O

oregonmellow

Training is easier before they get so bushy,good call smoothbud,top and train then let them go,said it before love ladies with hairy legs,happy growing,Peace

J

jimmytheduck

good looking y'all...i just panicked a lil bit, cause they were looking short as hell. but after a week with some hygrozyme and root excelerator. these things stretched out and are bushy as hell....gunna be nicely filed soon as i flip in a couple days.

RedsFire

RedsFire

Can somebody help me understand topping? Or send me a link to a DIY topping

FYI I'm growing Girl Scout cookies

Top Bottom