Over Watering ebb flow

• Thread starter Luke Harrison
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Luke Harrison

Luke Harrison

Hello to You all Just something to ponder I have read many posting on water cycles for ebb flow hydro anyware from 4x/24hr to 6 7 8/24hrs long as the table flodds and drains within 20min or so. Ok more than that you get over watered droopy plants but how do they take a DWC system that there in water 24/7? why don't they get droopy over waterd plants? Just puzzling thnx

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Luke,
give over to the dark side... Just kidding.
It's all about the oxygen available to the roots. That's why the DWC works, being submerged all the time. For ebb and flow, watering frequency depends on the planting medium, plant size, atmospheric conditions. What are you using as a medium?

Luke Harrison

Luke Harrison

Girls were rooted in rapid rooters then once established into the hydroten.

S

steelyeyes

I'm rooting in straight hydroton. No rockwool or STG or anything else. My plants seem dry at even 6 times a day. The problem I'm having is if I run more than 700 ppm even in late veg/early flower I start getting nute burn.

N

noone88

Freshly rooted in rapid rooters and hydroton, flood (full flood and drain in less than 15 minutes) every 4 hours.

Some will have symptoms of over-watering. Every time you change mediums or environments, the plants will need time to adjust. Going from a cloning tray where humidity is high and water spraying twice a day to E&F in hydroton will require an adjustment period by the plants. Stronger clones will of course bounce back within hours.

People try to reduce this shock (transplant shock) by using beneficials, root stimulators, superthrive, etc.

Luke Harrison

Luke Harrison

I am on a 6hr flood and drain cycle noone88 you think I should monve to a 4? Also I have the opt of going to DWC can that be done if the grils are in rapid rooters or will that cause problems?

N

noone88

From rapid rooters in hydroton, I don't move it to DWC until I see a lot of roots popping out of a 6 or 8" net cup.

I would do a feeding every 4 hours.

C

Cletus1972

I'm having issues with my ebb/flow with over-watering symptoms.

I was flooding 2 time per day, now 3 time and the plants look over-watered.

I axed one plant and the roots were so dense in the Hydroton that they retained a lot of water not letting it drain.

Is 2 (or even one)flood per day crazy low?

hiboy

hiboy

If this helps anyone..\
I have a top feed for my rockwool cubes fed two times a day for two minutes. There are two six inch cubes on top of one another. Two 1/4 lines go to each top cube. Plants are really healty and thriving. Nothing else is in the tray such as coco matts

Npk420

Npk420

Hello to You all Just something to ponder I have read many posting on water cycles for ebb flow hydro anyware from 4x/24hr to 6 7 8/24hrs long as the table flodds and drains within 20min or so. Ok more than that you get over watered droopy plants but how do they take a DWC system that there in water 24/7? why don't they get droopy over waterd plants? Just puzzling t

Latest posts

Top Bottom