Over watering hempy, is it possible

• Thread starter tommytwotone
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

tommytwotone

My last hempy experiment went awesome

It was a duel bucket, I filled the top bucket with coco/perilite
and the bottom bucket was the drain and allowed the roots to sit.
almost like a krusty bucket, but no air stone

I am wondering, on a true one bucket hempy, can I water every day if I use a 75/25 perilite to coco mixture?

The hole at the bottom would allow me to not over water? correct?

Thanks guys and girls

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

I used the same mix and watered every other day and got stem rot on one plant but I think it is because I didn't mound up dirt around the stalk so it kinda pooled up a bit I guess.

F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
If you're not using any beneficial's H202 works wonders.
FJ

Rushoe

Rushoe

every other day maybe depending on how she eats and also the temps play a huge roll so thats kinda of hard question to answer about the watering every day why would u want to??????the way I do it is by lifting the buckets up u can tell if their heavy or not so just go by that. Don't water everyday unless u have to.I am about to use some hempys myself ....It would be kinda of hard to over water in one of these buckets but I think u might be able to. I remember last time I used 2 gallon hempys and fed with one gallon each and that gave some good enough amount of run off ...

M

MIway

Temps, genetics, air circ/RH... all would make a difference on frequency... but more simply, bucket size. Smaller buckets means more frequent watering... perhaps even twice per day.

Give you a reference... 75/25 Perlite/Vermiculite... 4 gal buckets... 6 plants per 1k... mostly around 80F/40%RH... towards week 6 of 10... I needed to hit each with 2L every day, d2w... and they could have taken a second watering in there were I better able to be more attentive.

T

tommytwotone

Then here is a question... can i actually test the moister of the perilite or does that dry out and the water is wicked by the roots?

Again I am used to straight 50/50 coco perilite, where I water drain to waste based on the coco being around 30% moist when watered.

T

tommytwotone

Then here is a question... can i actually test the moister of the perilite or does that dry out and the water is wicked by the roots?

Again I am used to straight 50/50 coco perilite, where I water drain to waste based on the coco being around 30% moist when watered.

Also is there a salt build up issue with hempys? or does the flush run that out at each feeding?

S

smotpoker420

I use 100% perilite and I water daily. If mixing with vermiculite or any other medium that holds water you can get by with watering every other day.

illdasykmindid

illdasykmindid

I'm in 100% coco and I still water everyday. I am in 3 gallon pots. Sometimes I go 1.5 days but never 2 days without watering. :pimp:

Top Bottom