over-watering?

• Thread starter Sykemfs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sykemfs

Sykemfs

Does this look like overwatering or could it be a PH issue? Moved the seedling into the 3 inch net pot when the taproot came through the RW. The leaves look droopy. PH was climbing today after i did a reservoir change. I adjusted it down, but it jumped back to high 6's within a couple hours. I had added hydroguard and also root zone 66 & sugar daddy at 1/4 strength, so I am going to wait until tomorrow before checking the PH and adjusting again. I read in one of these forums that I shouldn't check the PH until the nutes/hydroguard/etc. has had time to mix with the h20. I use mostly tap and some RO mixed in. The seedling definitely seems to be growing, but I feel like the curling is an issue.

Also, should I have left the seedling in the propagator until it was much bigger and had more roots? I saw the one tap root and got nervous and put it into the DWC. I read last night that I should have let the root air prune and then the roots would grow more vigorously.

The first and last pic (with exposed root) is from Monday, the rest are from today

Over watering
Over watering 2
Over watering 3
Over watering 4
Over watering 5
Nugg

Nugg

I'm just going to babble...I start my seeds right in my buckets..so I don't see anything wrong with that...I do my clones same way...for first 2 weeks I don't add anything..I run my well water..165 ppm.of stuff in it already...pH I don't adjust at seedling stage..I run it at 7.1... I have found that when I first start up a clean system and I run hydro guard at full strength my water turns shit...so I started 0-1/4 strength until roots start developing then I can run all I want..not sure why.. maybe they die as there is nothing to eat yet..no ideas..oh ..looks like rw is little to wet ..it will drown the seedlings..I mist until roots hit moisture and never wet it again...this all works for me just fine..

Sykemfs

Sykemfs

I'm just going to babble...I start my seeds right in my buckets..so I don't see anything wrong with that...I do my clones same way...for first 2 weeks I don't add anything..I run my well water..165 ppm.of stuff in it already...pH I don't adjust at seedling stage..I run it at 7.1... I have found that when I first start up a clean system and I run hydro guard at full strength my water turns shit...so I started 0-1/4 strength until roots start developing then I can run all I want..not sure why.. maybe they die as there is nothing to eat yet..no ideas..oh ..looks like rw is little to wet ..it will drown the seedlings..I mist until roots hit moisture and never wet it again...this all works for me just fine..
Thanks! I did move the RW up to the top of the hydroton to get it dried out. I'll use the spray bottle to water until I get some roots. Do you mist the RW directly or the leaves?

Sykemfs

Sykemfs

I actually just checked on it and it seems to have bounced back pretty good after letting it dry out. I moved it down into the hydroton more. Maybe two layers of hydroton in the bottom of the net cup. I want to see if this will be enough moisture or if I need to mist. I didn't want to leave the RW totally exposed to the light. Should I have left it on top?

Sykemfs

Sykemfs

I run 6" net pots..and I just barely bury it.
But the top of the Rockwool is covered right? I have it pretty high up in the 3" netpot luck can get a layer of hydroton over the top but they are actually raised up higher then the top of the res. I hope it's high enough. I was thinking of not watering it at all and just seeing how it does. Maybe it will be enough moisture to keep it going. I'll be ecstatic if I can keep her alive. Especially now that my state is locked down. Gives me something to look forward to.

Top Bottom