Overall Grow Room design help

• Thread starter Cook2010
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cook2010

Cook2010

Hello all, one of my first posts on The forum here so I want to say thanks in advance to everyone who chimes in.

im a new grower, and need some help with going the best route on keeping a stable environment for the plants.

I’m in southern United States in Oklahoma pretty hot summers and cooler winters but nothing too crazy. I have a 8x10 room in my garage with frame and insulation. I have a 5x5 gorilla grow tent that I will be using.

I will be using a 1000w phytomax-2 LED by black dog
AC infinity 6 inch inline fan and carbon filter
2 oscillating fans
Humidifier
Dehumidifier
Co2 meter
Blue lab pH pen
14000 btu LG portable AC
Heater( I’ll worry about when the time comes )

For growing medium I have decided on coco loco by fox farm and I have perlite to mix. For nutes I have organic dry nutrients by Gaia green. I will be growing auto flowers out of 3 gallon fabric pots.

my questions that I have are more about the exchanges of air. I can exhaust my inline fan into my attic or side of the house whichever is optimal. I know I will need to vent my portable AC as well. Should these to be separated or can I add a Y fitting?

should I treat the 8x10 room as a lung room and keep this environment in the optimal range and use a booster to pull air into the tent?

or should I use some ducting and blow the AC into the tent itself?

I have two inkbird temp and humidity Thermostats that will help. I just don’t know if I should add the sensors inside the tent or should they be outside the tent.

thank you all

Overall grow room design help
Overall grow room design help 2
Overall grow room design help 3
Overall grow room design help 4
Overall grow room design help 5
Overall grow room design help 6
Overall grow room design help 7
Overall grow room design help 8
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Welcome to the farm. I’ll be following along to this one. I’m sure some of the seasoned growers will be here soon to help with your exhaust situation. I am new as well. Eager to see that black dog in action. Happy grows.
Burnz

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
my questions that I have are more about the exchanges of air. I can exhaust my inline fan into my attic or side of the house whichever is optimal. I know I will need to vent my portable AC as well. Should these to be separated or can I add a Y fitting?

should I treat the 8x10 room as a lung room and keep this environment in the optimal range and use a booster to pull air into the tent?

thank you all

If youre just talking about exhaust, I dont see why you couldnt just combine them and dump the air out wherever convenient. I would just make sure its far enough away as to keep the warm air from recycling back into the environment.

Cook2010

Cook2010

If youre just talking about exhaust, I dont see why you couldnt just combine them and dump the air out wherever convenient. I would just make sure its far enough away as to keep the warm air from recycling back into the environment.
Ok, awesome i will use a Y and vent it outside the house. So the portable AC should be cooling the 8x10? should i move the humidifier and dehumidifier outside the tent and just basically keep the whole 8x10 the desired temp and humidity and just use another inline fan to pull air into tent but set to the same settings as my exhaust inline fan, that way they would run at the same rates?

sorry if i am overthinking this

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
Looks STELLAR for a first attempt!!!!! WOW!!! took me a few years to be at your current level!

Cheers!!!

Cook2010

Cook2010

Looks STELLAR for a first attempt!!!!! WOW!!! took me a few years to be at your current level!

Cheers!!!
thanks man, have had analysis paralysis for quite some time i figured with all this time on my hands why not give it a try =)

growsince79

growsince79

Hello all, one of my first posts on The forum here so I want to say thanks in advance to everyone who chimes in.

im a new grower, and need some help with going the best route on keeping a stable environment for the plants.

I’m in southern United States in Oklahoma pretty hot summers and cooler winters but nothing too crazy. I have a 8x10 room in my garage with frame and insulation. I have a 5x5 gorilla grow tent that I will be using.

2 oscillating fans
Humidifier
Dehumidifier
Co2 meter
Blue lab pH pen
14000 btu LG portable AC

For growing medium I have decided on coco loco by fox farm and I have perlite to mix. For nutes I have organic dry nutrients by Gaia green. I will be growing auto flowers out of 3 gallon fabric pots.

I have two inkbird temp and humidity Thermostats that will help. I just don’t know if I should add the sensors inside the tent or should they be outside the tent.

thank you all

2 oscillating fans
Humidifier
Dehumidifier
Co2 meter
Blue lab pH pen
14000 btu LG portable AC

thank you all
I wouldn't vent to the attic. Besides making the attic hotter, you would be pumping gallons of water up there that could attract mold and bugs.

Last edited:
jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
Ok, awesome i will use a Y and vent it outside the house. So the portable AC should be cooling the 8x10? should i move the humidifier and dehumidifier outside the tent and just basically keep the whole 8x10 the desired temp and humidity and just use another inline fan to pull air into tent but set to the same settings as my exhaust inline fan, that way they would run at the same rates?

I can tell you that I run a dehumidifier for flower and a humidifier for veg in their respective tents. They need to run different values IMO... Run the AC to the room, and use the inline fan/duct combo to control the temp for both veg and flower. It shouldnt be too difficult with the AC infinity.

growsince79

growsince79

I wouldn't vent to the attic. Besides making the attic hotter, you would be pumping a gallons of water up there that could attract mold and bugs.
IMO

2 oscillating fans
Humidifier
Dehumidifier
Co2 meter
Blue lab pH pen
14000 btu LG portable AC

thank you all
I don't do summer grows because of the okie heat. When it gets over 110 your little portable ac won't be enough. You can keep the lights out in the daytime and on at night will help some.

growsince79

growsince79

2 oscillating fans
Humidifier
Dehumidifier
Co2 meter
Blue lab pH pen
14000 btu LG portable AC

thank you all
I thought that Gia Green was a Canadian thing. Did you buy locally or have to order. Amazon wants $82 just for shipping.

Cook2010

Cook2010

I thought that Gia Green was a Canadian thing. Did you buy locally or have to order. Amazon wants $82 just for shipping.

I ordered From jons plant factory, it was very well priced compared to amazon. Give them a look

Mathimus

Mathimus

I've seen grow room designs where AC exhaust and room exhaust were wyed to one hose - on the outside of the tent.

Your situation seems case sensitive since your outer room dimensions are smaller. Maybe at first experiment and record your temps and humidity with the AC in and outside of the tent. I would think you could get away with your AC being on the outside since the overall ambient temp will be easier to control in the small room. It looks like your filter is hanging on the upper left of your tent. You will want to open only the bottom flap on the lower right wall of your tent. This puts the negative air pressure flowing diagonally from the lower right to the upper left through your plants and out your filter. The walls of your tent will likely be sucking in a little. This is good and means all air leaving the tent is going through the filter. You will not need a second booster fan.

The humidity is not really a problem until flower. The larger your plants, the more humidity you will have from transpiration - especially when it's hot. Vegging plants can handle 80 % humidity. Above 60 % in flower and you're flirting with danger. You don't need to waste money on a bunch of expensive meters. Go to Wal-Mart and get 2 hygrometers. One for inside and one for outside the tent. Remember heat raises humidity and cool air lowers it. Flowering plants can tolerate a slight cold much better than 85 or 90°.

Top Bottom