Overdrive...earlier Usage??

• Thread starter NorthernLite
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NorthernLite

NorthernLite

Anyone ever use Overdrive before the last 2 weeks of flower? And a side note, does anyone know the general ingredients that "trick" it into "overdrive"? Going by the label, it appears significantly lower in P-K than say Koolbloom powder (and the bottle as well) or Shooting powder. I ran Shooting powder my last run and did'nt really see any difference, never used Koolbloom-either kind-and I ran Overdrive twice on 2 different strains and noticed a difference in weight, as well as density. It's one of the few AN products I use btw. Interested in comments and info. Thx everyone!

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Anyone ever use Overdrive before the last 2 weeks of flower? And a side note, does anyone know the general ingredients that "trick" it into "overdrive"? Going by the label, it appears significantly lower in P-K than say Koolbloom powder (and the bottle as well) or Shooting powder. I ran Shooting powder my last run and did'nt really see any difference, never used Koolbloom-either kind-and I ran Overdrive twice on 2 different strains and noticed a difference in weight, as well as density. It's one of the few AN products I use btw. Interested in comments and info. Thx everyone!
I dont use overdrive but i do use either koolbloom dry or growtek monster bloom from day 1 of flower.

NorthernLite

NorthernLite

Do you use them at different dosages at different weeks? And are you running them in soil, coco, dwc, e+f, drip, etc?

john martin

john martin

I have a friend that swears by overdrive and uses it for weeks 5,6,7 on a 9 week strain

he has really dense nugs and i don't see any negative effect

never used it myself so that is all i can say

edit* I will say I personally use mendo. avalanche and use it how my friend uses overdrive

F

FarmerX

I've used overdrive in a pinch a bit ago when I ran out of base nutes and couldn't get to the hydro shop. This is one of the more complete bloom enhancing fertilizers on the market IMO. I was satisfied with the Elemental PPM and ratios. I complimented overdrive with Cal-Mag+ For Nitrogen and calcium, and added a little little pK to get the elemental ratios where I wanted them.

NorthernLite

NorthernLite

I have a friend that swears by overdrive and uses it for weeks 5,6,7 on a 9 week strain

he has really dense nugs and i don't see any negative effect

never used it myself so that is all i can say

edit* I will say I personally use mendo. avalanche and use it how my friend uses overdrive
Thanks for the info, going to give that a shot (I started this because I have a litre of Overdrive that I haven’t used yet, I tried shooting powder last grow but didn't see the results as I did with OD) and as far as the avalanche goes, I've been wanting to try it, just need to finish up what I have atm. One question though, are you (or your friend for that matter) running it at the dosage recommended on the bottle, or higher/lower?

NorthernLite

NorthernLite

I've used overdrive in a pinch a bit ago when I ran out of base nutes and couldn't get to the hydro shop. This is one of the more complete bloom enhancing fertilizers on the market IMO. I was satisfied with the Elemental PPM and ratios. I complimented overdrive with Cal-Mag+ For Nitrogen and calcium, and added a little little pK to get the elemental ratios where I wanted them.
Thx, good info. Will have to try that out too! LOL

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Do you use them at different dosages at different weeks? And are you running them in soil, coco, dwc, e+f, drip, etc?
Soil and a bud does coco and another does hydro... uses booster all the way through... speeds up the flip and keeps them short in the beginning

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
I'm a fan of overdrive and carboload but if you over due the overdrive the buds get to dense less thx and they won't burn as well.

NorthernLite

NorthernLite

I'm a fan of overdrive and carboload but if you over due the overdrive the buds get to dense less thx and they won't burn as well.
Interesting. At what dosage and/or length would this begin to occur as you suggest? And thank you btw.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Interesting. At what dosage and/or length would this begin to occur as you suggest? And thank you btw.
On a 60-65 day strain I would not suggest starting overdrive before day 37, the last two weeks before flush is optimal imo.
As far as rate I stay between 3-5 ml per gallon, the suggested 8 ml on the bottle is to much. I run multiple strains on the same res. so some strains can take it some not. You have to find that balance point between happy grower and happy consumer.

Top Bottom