Overfeed or more nutrients needed?

• Thread starter Brenden302
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Brenden302

Brenden302

I'm using an autopot system, they share a resovior, I'm using advance nutrients micro grow bloom and sensi cal mag with bud candy now, I'm feeding about 1/3 the recommended amounts, and more bud candy, I tried going higher with nutes and they looked like this...my pH is always perfect I have a wave maker in my resovior...am I not putting enough nutes? I'm getting mixed readings looking at plant leaves some look like nute burn, but clearly the yellow says it's hungry?

Overfeed or more nutrients needed
Overfeed or more nutrients needed 2
Overfeed or more nutrients needed 3
Overfeed or more nutrients needed 4
Overfeed or more nutrients needed 5
Overfeed or more nutrients needed 6
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

There's definitely some light burn happening.

If you upped the nutrients "...and they looked like this," it sounds like lockout. But was the reaction that quick, or did they look bad and you tried upping the nutes and they still look bad?

If adding slightly more nutes really did this, cut out the cal/mag and try using a small amount of epsom salts instead (about atsp. of dry crystals/gal). It's pretty clear they need more nutrition.

j1sonbrother

j1sonbrother

Supporter
Water ,Environment,Light ,runoff Ec?
How high is ur nuts.
Why Calmag?
Calmag sometimes does more harm than good. And is vastly overused as a crutch.
The extra calcium and nitrogen in Calmag actually exacerbate the problem. Most fertilizers have plenty of calcium, iron, sulphur, etc and the extra nitrogen is not needed.IRCC, ad3parts don't need any calmag except in RO, You might need hit some epsom in late Flower, at a rate of 1.5 grams per gallon for RO water and 1 gram per gallon for higher ppm tap water.
(1g of epsom per gal is:
26ppm-Mg
34 ppm-S

Brenden302

Brenden302

Water ,Environment,Light ,runoff Ec?
How high is ur nuts.
Why Calmag?
Calmag sometimes does more harm than good. And is vastly overused as a crutch.
The extra calcium and nitrogen in Calmag actually exacerbate the problem. Most fertilizers have plenty of calcium, iron, sulphur, etc and the extra nitrogen is not needed.IRCC, ad3parts don't need any calmag except in RO, You might need hit some epsom in late Flower, at a rate of 1.5 grams per gallon for RO water and 1 gram per gallon for higher ppm tap water.
(1g of epsom per gal is:
26ppm-Mg
34 ppm-S
Using tap water and RH is about 45-50, not sure the ec, been running them at 1/3 strength all 3 and cal mag at about 1/4...I added the cal mag thinking it may help. My lights are cheap lafreshinsoft 100 watt each off amazon...Im sure they burn my plants no matter how high or low I've placed them, I'm going to invest in a quality light next

Brenden302

Brenden302

There's definitely some light burn happening.

If you upped the nutrients "...and they looked like this," it sounds like lockout. But was the reaction that quick, or did they look bad and you tried upping the nutes and they still look bad?

If adding slightly more nutes really did this, cut out the cal/mag and try using a small amount of epsom salts instead (about atsp. of dry crystals/gal). It's pretty clear they need more nutrition.
I just upped them recently, and I'm thinking I'll need to a little more once I check them today, I think it's my lights and a deficiency, I have cheap lafreshinsoft 100 watt cheap lights...maybe time to upgrade those cheap lights now too

Top Bottom