Overfeeding? GH Nutes Please Help

• Thread starter cubby
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cubby

cubby

Hey Farmers!

Im running 6K with vented hoods. My plants are in 7 gallons pots of sunshine #4. I feed every watering and usually use what the recommended dose on the bottle.I make sure to let the soil dry out before I water again. The plants are a little past half way done and I feel too many leaves are turning yellow and drying. I also have downward leaf curl and tips of some are burnt. Its the summer so my temps by the time the lights turn off is about 90 degrees.

I start with the Gh Micro and bloom.
Then I add-
Bio Root
Liquid koolBloom
Bio marine
Bio weed
CaMg+
Floralicious Plus
Bud candy
Budswell(bird,bat,worm shit)
Molasses
Bio Ag Full Power(humic Acids)

Should I be feeding 1/2 Strength? 1/4 Strength? Not feed every watering? Flush?
Please let me know what your thinking

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
GH lucas

if your mixing whats on the bottel its to strong flush till you get down to 600-800 ppm then use this with one or two additaves

http://lucasformula.com/

just watch them girls tthey will tell you what you need
and use this too

this mshould help:hi

I

ibTheMan

Bro the problem is= your mix'n Chems and organics, plus unless your grow'n all organic your use'n way to much stuff!
your temps are to high and your RH humidity is most likely way high also, and that is probably leadn to low water and nute uptake, so you need to ditch most that crap and get temps and humidity under control.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I don't see as much of a problem with the mixing of organics with chem salts as I do with that whole LIST of stuff he's adding. Something needs to be taken away.

However, without pix and actual parameters (pH, RH) it's difficult to say. Based on the description I'm landing with ib on the feed being too strong. Whether or not it's all organic, that list is too extensive and I'm thinking LOCKOUTS. Built up salts (mention waiting til soil is dry to water/feed) can do what's being described.

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
especialy with feed everytime .....just reconstituting lots and lots of nutes

think of it like this cubby
your plant eats 400 ppm between every feed /water you must be in the 1700-2000 ppm range (following the bottle with GH ) but we will say 1700 so you have
1300 where does this extra go

well it stays in the soil /coco etc
after flush
I would use feed/ water/water/ feed
this will help cut down on salt build up

C

CT Guy

You really need to get your temps under control. Can you run lights off during the hottest part of the day?

I agree that you really should simplify your feeding. That's way too complicated and impossible to assess variables when you have so many.

cubby

cubby

Thanks for the reply's
I am flushing my plants now.

I will be sticking to
M-B (Micro-Bloom)
5-10 - For Vegetative cycle (18/6)
8-16 - For Flowering cycle (12/12)

But I'm not sure which 2 additives should I keep?
I'm more thinking about my next girls that go into flower.
Should I always water Feed,water,water,feed?
My plants in veg look great, but in flower my grow is being ruined by overfeeding. Thanks for the help so far guys.

The heat issue. I run my lights at night but my room is too hot.When I say its 90 degrees by morning, that is when my lights turn off. I am getting an indoor AC this week. I'm running 2 rows of 3 lights. Each row has its own 12" exhaust fan blowing the heat thru the hoods. I have the 2 rows connect to an 8" ducting that goes to the attic. I have a 8" exhaust fan at the end of that. I think a lot of heat comes from the 6 ballasts I have in the closet of the room. Heat was really building up so i have a fan blowing it out into the room.I also have a 8" intake for the room. My humidity is low around 25%

http://i55.invalid.com/5mkfmv.jpg
http://i53.invalid.com/2vdp2s9.jpg
Sorry about the crummy pictures
Once again thanks for the help. I will have my next harvest dialed in.

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
yes it is easer to fix a def. than to fix a nute lockout with a deff you just add what the plant showes you she needs

with lockout you have to flush then start over

but you will find the best way to feed some do

feed/water /feed some feed/feed water
its all up to the plant:hi

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Congrats to being able to grow again. You must be feeling pretty good. Thank goodness that shits over for you.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

One thing you can do to bring down the temps is have your fan Pull the air out instead of pushing it out.
Fans do better and pulling air then pushing. You get lot's of turbulence in the hoods and the ducting.
Seen your post elsewhere about the hvac. If you still need the help I can set your exhaust stuff up.

C

chess

less is always more,really.keep it simple,learn your strains then advanced.your making it seem hard and its not.they will let you know what they need.good luck.i had same prob,till i was explained as i did 4 u

B

BobbyHopkins

Wow, when I first read your post, I thought you were joking. Not to be mean but you are/were doing a lot of things wrong.

First and foremost, control your heat or you're just wasting your time. 75-79 is ideal but you can do alright in the low 80's.

Either use all organic feeds or use no organic feeds. Any benefit you would be getting from the organic stuff is being instantly killed by your GH flora series feeds. Search "General Hydroponics advanced drain to waste" or "recirculating" if you're doing hydro. That will give you a detailed list of stuff and when in the cycle to use it.

Feeding full strength every watering is crazy, doing it in 90 degree heat is insane. Continuing to do it while your plants are falling apart is preposterous. Sorry man, but come on, how did you not see the writing on the wall? My suggestion for your next run is to follow the advanced feed regiment from GH and alternate feed, water, feed, water.

But again, it's all moot if you don't get that heat in check.

Good luck!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom