Overflushed My Coco?

• Thread starter bibbles
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bibbles

bibbles

I had to chop early last cycle, meaning no flush, and there was a delay before being able to process things for this cycle, which meant dead roots. When I got around to flushing the ppm was quite high, and the runoff quite brown; so, I just kept flushing (R/O), expecting the runoff to lighten up as the ppm dropped.

Surprise, the color was likely the result of those roots breaking down, and when I finally checked the ppm it was at 350, with a pH of about 5.3; I figured I probably just spent more time flushing than I needed, and that it would be on point within a few waterings.

I was wrong.

I just hit them with 2000+ ppm @ 6.0, this wasn't the first time, and the runoff is still about 350, though the pH has climbed to 5.4... so, do I just keep overfeeding them until the CEC gets it's shit back in line, or what?

Canna Coco, Calimagic, and some epsom since Mg-/S- appears to be a problem. :/

EDIT: I don't think mixing calcium nitrate and magnesium sulfate resulted in any precipitation, but even so, everything else appears to be vanishing as well. :/

Last edited:
bibbles

bibbles

Oh, I guess Calimagic is calcium carbonate, not calcium nitrate, and as such precipitation doesn't appear to be an issue?

Top Bottom