• 500-1000$ month

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • 1000-2000$ month

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
L

lifecycle

Hello just wondering what yall pay in month to month expenses to keep your grows going...keep in mind im talking nutes,bulbs,mediums,new high tech gizmos whatever..:character0025:

P

Papa_kush

Jesus you guys are crazy! That means more comin out the back end tho =D
Id say about 200$ for 1-1000w/25 plants. There are so many variables that go into it that you really wont get an idea of what you'll be paying until you start getting everything put together.

L

lifecycle

i know what im paying i just wanna see what other peeps are doing...my shit 2-500 hunny a month but thats after a tricked out room worth 5k

G

greenplanetguru

The Money Pit...

Hi,

Most of your investment is up front if you do it right but... Unless you have some experienced guidance from a good grower who can sort of tell you exactly how to paint by numbers, new growers go through a heavy learning curve. Suffice to say, many people don't know what to buy when they start growing and what their environment needs until they start growing and make adjustments to their setup. So... for a long time it seems like it's a money pit and you always need to buy something else...

I have a personal closet grow with a 1K HPS and a 6 tube T5 fluoros for sidefill lighting. For ventilation an Eclipse 630cfm inline fan and a cool tube w/reflector. I have a modest veg setup in another closet with a 4 tube T5 fluoro. The only other thing I've bought for the room the closet is in is a window A/C for a few hundred bucks. I also bought several fans... All in all I've spent about $1500.

My power draw is roughly 2.2kw-2.5kw for 12 hrs/day and 500w for the other 6 veg hrs... My local power is about 9 cents/KWH and my grow adds about $90/month in the hottest months and maybe $15/month less when I don't have to run the bedroom A/C.

There are tons of options for nutes... I use the Botanicare Pure Blend Pro and their additives. I had a 3 yr hiatus from growing due to work travel and I had to buy all my nutes before this grow. Quart bottles of the Botanicare lineup costs about $80. I'm just starting my flush in week 8 today. I've used approx. 1/2 to 1/3 or less of most of my bottles. So I'll get at least one more bloom cycle from these nutes...

Good Soil is about $25/1.5 cubic ft. and I use about two bags per bloom cycle. I use quite a few organic additives and amendments in my soil but decent results can be had using a great soil like Roots Organic or Foxfarm Ocean Forest right out of the bag.

For my grow after next I'm going to try Subcool's Super Soil Mix for my grow and leave what's left of the nutes on the shelves. His soil is much more rich in organic bloom additives and during the grow you only use water and that sounds like a dream to me... You do a fair amount of work up front preparing your soil but after that you're home free... Many of the amendments (bone meal, blood meal, sweet lime) can be purchased very cheaply at garden stores or Home Depot but a few are a little tougher to track down and have the usual indoor gardening racket markup... All in all it seems like the cost is very comparable if not cheaper than buying nutes in the long run.... We'll see.

I'm probably forgetting something but after you get all set up and buy your nutes it's pretty much just power you're paying for each month and soil and/or nutes when you need them.

Peace!:character0103:

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
My elec bill is around $350usd a month for 1800w flower room and 600w veg room

F

Fear

same as mine logic. $350- 400- 2500 watts in the grow closet and veg closet about 400watts of flourescent.

S

StonedOwl

I don't know about my electric usage yet, as I have yet to receive my beans, so I have not started a true grow (yet). I only have experience with CFL's ATM, and I never paid attention to the bill. (direct deposit)

However I do now have a full and complete set up. (Just missing the seeds)
Which cost me around $100. That's just for the lights mind you, everything else was found while dumpster diving, or "found" at Wal-mart, Lowes and Home-depo.

Their security is a joke.

O

Old Yeller

I've spent around $6,000 for all the equipment to furnish 2 tents, 1 closet & 1 bathroom including extra bulbs, a back-up ballast & hood, extra pH probes etc. My electric bill is about $300 per month for the whole house. The only thing i buy now on a regular basis is dirt & nutes.

P

pistilwhipped

I pay $130 or so if I'm not growing at all, if I'm in veg running the whole show...about $350 a month, in flower one room only about 280. I imagine people who actually turn their furnace on in the winter pay as much as I do. I just pump the air out of the grow room into the house for heat, my fresh air from the grow comes from outside through a couple different filters....it's a ghetto setup but works well.

Top Bottom