Overwatered?

• Thread starter Ryboburton
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ryboburton

Ryboburton

Seedlings were started 2-15. Grew great but once I moved to my grow room they started drying up fast. Issues with humidity which has since been corrected to be between 40-50 rh. Planted in nectar #4 soil and water is always ph’d. Got some major drooping which I would assume is overwater. New grower unfortunately. Question is should I go ahead and transplant them to 3 gallon pots for veg now so it helps soak up the water in the drier soil or wait it out until they show signs of improvement. Thanks

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

Seedlings were started 2-15. Grew great but once I moved to my grow room they started drying up fast. Issues with humidity which has since been corrected to be between 40-50 rh. Planted in nectar #4 soil and water is always ph’d. Got some major drooping which I would assume is overwater. New grower unfortunately. Question is should I go ahead and transplant them to 3 gallon pots for veg now so it helps soak up the water in the drier soil or wait it out until they show signs of improvement. Thanks
I transplanted mine a short time ago. The soil in the cups had been soggy and growing green mold. If they look anything like these then I don't think you should transplant to those big pots just yet. Go easy on the watering and they'll bounce back I think.
20200229 085254

Reactions: Ina
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Need pics

Reactions: Ina
Ryboburton

Ryboburton

I transplanted mine a short time ago. The soil in the cups had been soggy and growing green mold. If they look anything like these then I don't think you should transplant to those big pots just yet. Go easy on the watering and they'll bounce back I think.
View attachment 945872
No mold or anything like that. Just a little droopy but I don’t want to shock them anymore by transplanting if it will do more harm than good

Ryboburton

Ryboburton

I should have never started them in clear cups to begin with but they have been doing fine before watering. Hence why I was looking for any recommendations if transplanting them now with a very light watering mostly around the edges of the pot away from the plant itself would help air and dry things out without hurting them anymore from transplant shock. Here’s a picture of when healthy

6561D2AF 6CBE 440C 8D50 1DF1F425CCE5
Ryboburton

Ryboburton

They have holes in both. It was a beginner mistake and won’t happen again. Hence why I want to get them into some dirt in a normal pot and let them
Dry out a bit and out of those cups. Roots look good still

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

They have holes in both. It was a beginner mistake and won’t happen again. Hence why I want to get them into some dirt in a normal pot and let them
Dry out a bit and out of those cups. Roots look good still
Not saying it's a mistake; a lot of people use & like them and you have adequate holes it sounds like, I was just saying I don't like them

Edit: and you're not keeping an additional Dome over them right? If so they don't look bad, just look like they need to dry out some, like you mentioned, over-watering. Make sure the lights not to close

Ryboburton

Ryboburton

It happened immeaditely after watering. I have no problem letting them dry out before transplant. Like I said just was curious if anyone thought transplanting now would help disperse the extra water and help the plant or do more harm than good. They’re under a 315 cmh right now and we’re doing great prior to watering. New grower so it seemed hard not to but I’m learning

Ryboburton

Ryboburton

No dome. Humidity is around 42 and the temp at the plants holds steady at 75 or 76 where the lights are.

Ryboburton

Ryboburton

Also just a thought but we are having a stretch for the next two days of close to 70 degrees with full sun I can set them outside if you think that will more beneficial than transplanting now. The only reason I was leaning towards transplanting today was for fresh soil that wasn’t overwatered to soak up the extra moisture and or give the roots some room to breath. Thanks for all the help by the way

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Also just a thought but we are having a stretch for the next two days of close to 70 degrees with full sun I can set them outside if you think that will more beneficial than transplanting now. The only reason I was leaning towards transplanting today was for fresh soil that wasn’t overwatered to soak up the extra moisture and or give the roots some room to breath. Thanks for all the help by the way
I recommend never putting indoor plants outside for several reasons:
1) the sun could cook them in a minute
2) you'll be exposing them to all kind of bugs; it's not good practice in my opinion

Last edited:
Ryboburton

Ryboburton

Thanks for the help. I’m going to leave them right where they are for a few days and watch and see if they perk up before watering or doing anything to them. Will post pics later

Top Bottom