Overwatering or underwatering

• Thread starter PurpleKing1017
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PurpleKing1017

PurpleKing1017

Got a nuken seedling in the midst of wilting. It's on it's third week, currently feeding it R/O water at ppm between 150-200 at pH between 5.5 - 6. I water basically every time it gets dry, so about once every day or so, focusing on not feeding too much or too little. It's in the tray under a 19 W LED, about 6" inches from the light. The initial first set of leaves suffered heat stress, but it kept going strong and continued to veg. The wilting started yesterday, after feeding it went away, however it came back. I also tried to let the rockwool dry out a considerate amount today to let the roots get oxygen, however it didn't seem to help the wilting so I ended up feeding it again lol.

Any help would be appreciated, was wondering if it could maybe be unrelated to watering even.

Overwatering or underwatering
Overwatering or underwatering 2
mancorn

mancorn

Got a nuken seedling in the midst of wilting. It's on it's third week, currently feeding it R/O water at ppm between 150-200 at pH between 5.5 - 6. I water basically every time it gets dry, so about once every day or so, focusing on not feeding too much or too little. It's in the tray under a 19 W LED, about 6" inches from the light. The initial first set of leaves suffered heat stress, but it kept going strong and continued to veg. The wilting started yesterday, after feeding it went away, however it came back. I also tried to let the rockwool dry out a considerate amount today to let the roots get oxygen, however it didn't seem to help the wilting so I ended up feeding it again lol.

Any help would be appreciated, was wondering if it could maybe be unrelated to watering even.
Give more info on your setup. Are you in hydro or do you have a plant in a little rockwool cube in a cloning tray?

PurpleKing1017

PurpleKing1017

Quit feeding it. Just give it straight water for a bit.

I initially tried giving it just tap water, but then switched over to R/O with a very diluted (1/8) solution. I didn't start feeding until last week

Give more info on your setup. Are you in hydro or do you have a plant in a little rockwool cube in a cloning tray?

Yes I am in hydro. I'm doing rockwool cubes in the prop trays until they get big enough to transplant them into coco perlite 5050, if I ever make it past seedling lol. Germinated in the rock wool. My temps have been ranging from 23-28 °C. Right now it's sitting at 28 and my RH is 38%.

Minitiger

Minitiger

I initially tried giving it just tap water, but then switched over to R/O with a very diluted (1/8) solution. I didn't start feeding until last week

Yes I am in hydro. I'm doing rockwool cubes in the prop trays until they get big enough to transplant them into coco perlite 5050, if I ever make it past seedling lol. Germinated in the rock wool. My temps have been ranging from 23-28 °C. Right now it's sitting at 28 and my RH is 38%.

Up your humidity (38% is way too low for a seedling) and move your light a little higher. It looks to me like it’s kinda shrinking from the light. Or I dunno. A nineteen watt light? Maybe leave it where it is, but ease up on the watering, maybe? Feel the rockwool. Does it feel too wet? Then don’twater as frequently as you have been. If it feels too dry, water a little more. This ain’t rocket science.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Also, just as an aside, fuck rockwool. Fuck hydro. Mix up a batch of good organic soil and never look back. Your plants will thrive, you won’t have to spend a shitload of money on bottled nutrient crap and the finished product will be far superior to anything you’ll ever get from a hydro-grown plant.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
way tooooo much love.
best advice... LITFA
(leave it the fuck alone).
the first month is so much about getting a nice root structure.
going with hydro?
i suggest you better not.

PurpleKing1017

PurpleKing1017

Up your humidity (38% is way too low for a seedling) and move your light a little higher. It looks to me like it’s kinda shrinking from the light. Or I dunno. A nineteen watt light? Maybe leave it where it is, but ease up on the watering, maybe? Feel the rockwool. Does it feel too wet? Then don’twater as frequently as you have been. If it feels too dry, water a little more. This ain’t rocket science.
Yea, at first I put them much too far from the light so they grew all spindly trying to get some of it. and yes, it is not rocket science, which is why I said in my initial post "I water basically every time it gets dry, so about once every day or so, focusing on not feeding too much or too little".

Also, just as an aside, fuck rockwool. Fuck hydro. Mix up a batch of good organic soil and never look back. Your plants will thrive, you won’t have to spend a shitload of money on bottled nutrient crap and the finished product will be far superior to anything you’ll ever get from a hydro-grown plant.

Thank you, considering it but I'll keep trying in hydro until I can't anymore. I like a challenge and prefer to at least try hydro, even though soil is usually best for beginners and novices.

PurpleKing1017

PurpleKing1017

way tooooo much love.
best advice... LITFA
(leave it the fuck alone).
the first month is so much about getting a nice root structure.
going with hydro?
i suggest you better not.

My humidity may be drying out the rockwool too fast. I do leave it alone and try to let the roots dry out, which once again is what I stated in OP. Thanks for the suggestion i'll keep it in mind..

Minitiger

Minitiger

Yea, at first I put them much too far from the light so they grew all spindly trying to get some of it. and yes, it is not rocket science, which is why I said in my initial post "I water basically every time it gets dry, so about once every day or so, focusing on not feeding too much or too little".

Thank you, considering it but I'll keep trying in hydro until I can't anymore. I like a challenge and prefer to at least try hydro, even though soil is usually best for beginners and novices.

Just FYI, soil’s best, period, whether you’re a novice or a long-time grower. I always use the “organic apples vs non-organic apples” analogy. Organic apples are juicier, crispier and taste better. Non-organic apples are always mealy, soft and gross. Same thing with weed. Humans can’t improve Mother Nature.

Anyway.....

PurpleKing1017

PurpleKing1017

Anybody have any recommendations who actually grow in hydro? I mean thanks for the advice but you guys more or less told me
Just FYI, soil’s best, period, whether you’re a novice or a long-time grower. I always use the “organic apples vs non-organic apples” analogy. Organic apples are juicier, crispier and taste better. Non-organic apples are always mealy, soft and gross. Same thing with weed. Humans can’t improve Mother Nature.

Anyway.....

my apologies I forgot you were the master of weed and know everything there is to growing. Anyway...

Latest posts

Top Bottom