overwatering to much need help please!

• Thread starter Eisen301
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Eisen301

Eisen301

Good morning, and I know that my issue is definitely overwatering. What I need help with now is how to go forward without overwatering and destroy my roots song and how to properly water. Some people say fully saturate the media when they’re young some people say just watering the center and some people say just watering the size of the car. I’m not sure what to do.

FuriousStyles

FuriousStyles

My man that soil looks like its been through a drought.
Its light brown and falling apart. It should be almost black and clinging together if it was watered properly.
Other than that it looks like a slight K def, but its more attributable to the drought you put the plants through.
Water your plants till the water comes out the drain holes and then leave them alone for a week and observe.

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

Looking at the leaves, I agree that you're over-watering. The first thing to understand is that over-watering is NOT about how much water you give at a single time. It's about watering too often. The "right" watering frequency will depend on the water retention characteristics of your media. In a soil like Happy Frog or Ocean Forest (peat based, with wood chips and organic amendments) I've had success watering slowly to full saturation and then letting the pots dry back until they're very light. If you see straight-down droop in your lower leaves, you've waited too long. Just a note for solo cups: they need lots of drainage holes.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Hello Elesen. Welcome to the forum.
For the most part your plant looks to be in good shape. Root zone looks very good in the picture.
Can you tell us more about the potting medium you are using. We need to know if it is preloaded with N.P.K.
Basically whats in it.

You should be transplanting her in a pot 8" to 10" across 8" deep if you can get one.
Make sure and put 3/4 of an inch of washed stone in the bottom so it drains well. This is important.
A good hand full of well washed driveway stone will do nicely. Just wash it with a little dish soap and rinse well.

With a 10" wide x 8" deep finishing pot. Your plant should fill a 2x2 tent nicely when she is finishing up.
What are you feeding this plant how much how often.
Do you have a P.H. and E.C meter in order to keep track of water and solution P.H ?
What PH are you running.
What input E.C are you running.

Different types of medium requires slightly different watering technique. This is why you are getting such a wide
verity of answers pertaining to watering. Once we get a better idea just what medium your plant is in, we can offer more specific watering and feeding advice.

Last edited:
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Once you get her transplanted. You should flip that crate over set her on top. Do this when you transplant.
It will shake her up a bit but she will be fine.
Mainlining part 1
Mainlining part2
Mainlining part 3 When you have a plant that looks like this. Flip and Flower her.
Keep in mind that she will double in size from the time you flip to a finished plant.

Last edited:
cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ Indica
Supporter
I completely agree 👍 solo cups are so hard to get the watering right I personally quit using them. I went to the 1gal fabric nursery bags from ac infinity.
I love my solo cups, I put autos in them for fun. That's a Larry lemon from seedsman, i didn't know what else to do with it 😂 I won't put them in my tent. But in all seriousness I think its easy to use solos, I typically underwater so it works for me

20231214 195144
Eisen301

Eisen301

My man that soil looks like its been through a drought.
Its light brown and falling apart. It should be almost black and clinging together if it was watered properly.
Other than that it looks like a slight K def, but its more attributable to the drought you put the plants through.
Water your plants till the water comes out the drain holes and then leave them alone for a week and observe.
Good evening and thank you for your input, I forgot to add that there were some root bound issues as well, it wasn’t until I actually opened up the solo cup, and broke into the root ball that I saw that the soil at the center was still dry, but the soil from the recent transplant was still wet. Still learning even though I’ve been doing this for a year but thank you so much for the help.

Eisen301

Eisen301

Looking at the leaves, I agree that you're over-watering. The first thing to understand is that over-watering is NOT about how much water you give at a single time. It's about watering too often. The "right" watering frequency will depend on the water retention characteristics of your media. In a soil like Happy Frog or Ocean Forest (peat based, with wood chips and organic amendments) I've had success watering slowly to full saturation and then letting the pots dry back until they're very light. If you see straight-down droop in your lower leaves, you've waited too long. Just a note for solo cups: they need lots of drainage holes.
Good afternoon and thank you, definitely will put more drainage holes and I also think that I might have over wet the soil during transplant which added to the waterlogging. I thought that I knew how to grow but unfortunately I’ve just been lucky and I’m relearning the process of properly keeping my plant healthy.

Eisen301

Eisen301

Hello Elesen. Welcome to the forum.
For the most part your plant looks to be in good shape. Root zone looks very good in the picture.
Can you tell us more about the potting medium you are using. We need to know if it is preloaded with N.P.K.
Basically whats in it.

You should be transplanting her in a pot 8" to 10" across 8" deep if you can get one.
Make sure and put 3/4 of an inch of washed stone in the bottom so it drains well. This is important.
A good hand full of well washed driveway stone will do nicely. Just wash it with a little dish soap and rinse well.

With a 10" wide x 8" deep finishing pot. Your plant should fill a 2x2 tent nicely when she is finishing up.
What are you feeding this plant how much how often.
Do you have a P.H. and E.C meter in order to keep track of water and solution P.H ?
What PH are you running.
What input E.C are you running.

Different types of medium requires slightly different watering technique. This is why you are getting such a wide
verity of answers pertaining to watering. Once we get a better idea just what medium your plant is in, we can offer more specific watering and feeding advice.
Good evening and thank you for the welcome, I am using ocean force, and my nutrients are general organics, however, I thought that I had a overfeeding problem, but learned that it was actually overwatering so I’m still working through that just got my pH meter today so I’ll be able to tell you the pH tomorrow, my pee, PMs are usually around 400 to 500 but I also just got that ppm meter maybe two weeks ago I wasn’t using it before then. In terms of how often I see that as of the last two weeks I’ve been doing my best just to give the plants water and microbes, because of how terrible the roots have been looking. And I usually transplant from a solo cup into a 1 gallon but I found out through doing a closer inspection that when I would water only the surrounding saw, you would be wet the sensor or the solo cup that I transplanted remain dry which definitely added to the overwatering

Eisen301

Eisen301

Once you get her transplanted. You should flip that crate over set her on top. Do this when you transplant.
It will shake her up a bit but she will be fine.
Mainlining part 1
Mainlining part2
Mainlining part 3 When you have a plant that looks like this. Flip and Flower her.
Keep in mind that she will double in size from the time you flip to a finished plant.
It will shake
thank you for the videos. I will definitely check them out! Still at the garden doing a little bit of cleanup
I just watch the lower

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I love my solo cups, I put autos in them for fun. That's a Larry lemon from seedsman, i didn't know what else to do with it 😂 I won't put them in my tent. But in all seriousness I think its easy to use solos, I typically underwater so it works for me
A quick question. What size solo cups do you use?

Top Bottom