Overwhelming problem two new plants

• Thread starter iveweed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

iveweed

The bigger one is an autoflowering and it's almost 40 days old, the tiny one is a feminized and it's around 9 days old.
Many seeds were sprouted in the soaked paper towel but only these 2 out of 9 were survived after planting.

They grow in a pre-made soil for cannabis growing already fertilized.
Bigger one gets around 400ppfd
Tiny one gets around 220ppfd by an HPS bulb light 250 W.
They get 16h of light per day(I know I need 18h at least but I can't turn the light on for 18h straight right now).
I water them every time their soil is dried deeply(1 inch).
Temperature is around 32/31 degrees with 40% temperature (yeah not completely ok but they shouldn't be stuck like that).
Fan is turned on all the time along with the light.
I can't afford any A/C or stuff like this.

What's wrong with it?

P.s: the soil in the pics is just dry because I wanted to take pics before watering.

Overwhelming problem two new plants
Overwhelming problem two new plants 2
Overwhelming problem two new plants 3
bullfrog13

bullfrog13

might be too much fertiliser in the soil and at the same time your running high vpd which means the plant wants to transpire alot and it cant so its struggling
just a thought

I

iveweed

might be too much fertiliser in the soil and at the same time your running high vpd which means the plant wants to transpire alot and it cant so its struggling
just a thought
Is that an issue so big to make them to stuck completely?

bullfrog13

bullfrog13

Is that an issue so big to make them to stuck completely?
can be. Its obvioulsy struggling from something. the heat and low humidity is pretty intense for such a young plant. if it cant drink and transpire water its not gonna grow

bullfrog13

bullfrog13

have you been watering it properly and allowing it to dry in between ?

m8ty

m8ty

Solo Cups to start seeds and put that light as high as you can get it ..

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

i have been growing with a 250w hps for years, just switched to led recently

16/8 is fine, i m also running 16/8 in veg for photoperiods and automatics.

i start my plant with the HPS 70cm (2,3') from soil and don't move the HPS until the plant grow to 30cm from the lamp then i start moving the HPS upward keeping a 30cm distance from plant tops.

the 40days old one is definetely stunt for some reasons ...

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

just to give you an order of comparaison that's what my plants looked like day 39 since sprouted out of soil with the HPS 250W.

3669069 original sensible seeds dr bruce banner cbd grow journal by herbaleduoriginal sensible
3669071 original sensible seeds dr bruce banner cbd grow journal by herbaleduoriginal sensible

I

iveweed

Thanks to everyone for helping me.
The young one is about 60cm distant from the bulb light. No one have never really understood why my plants are so stunted and stuck, really I don't know either.
The only way I can fix it in an affordable way is take a bigger fan.

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

never watered with a larger amount and moisted the whole soil in the pot ?, roots won't grow if the soil is too dry, could be your issue if your just watering small amount around the plants since the beggining.

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

you need some cups under your pots to be able to water until you see a little run off that the soil will usually suck back within 15minute to 2 hours after watering once the plants are big enough and/or when the soil get a little too dry and took some time to remoist.

you will never be able to water properly if you keep your pots top of carton boxes like that

Last edited:
I

iveweed

N
never watered with a larger amount and moisted the whole soil in the pot ?, roots won't grow if the soil is too dry, could be your issue if your just watering small amount around the plants since the beggining.
Never watered the whole pot only around but near the plant like many yt videos I have watched on yt by growers.

I

iveweed

you need some cups under your pots to be able to water until you see a little run off that the soil will usually suck back within 15minute to 2 hours after watering once the plants are big enough and/or when the soil get a little too dry and took some time to remoist.

you will never be able to water properly if you keep your pots top of carton boxes like that
Seeing my setting how am I suppose to do that?

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

roots expand faster than you think, i usually moist the whole soil with the first watering so the roots will always find water as they grow. then i water with smaller amount but still large once a week for like 4 to 5 weeks

Last edited:
Top Bottom