OxiDate/PM/ Harvesting

• Thread starter dorjewright
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dorjewright

dorjewright

Biosafesystems response to my question about residue if used at harvest to knock out any remaining powdery mildew. Used tobacco as example.

Jennifer

If OxiDate is applied after harvest but before drying then the leaf is dryed will there be any residue? Or put another way will OxiDate decompose leaving no residue in the absence of sunlight in a drying room?

Regards
Dorje

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 10:54 AM, Jennifer Halpin <[email protected]> wrote:

Good Afternoon

OxiDate is labeled for use on tobacco while growing in the field. OxiDate leaves no residue whatsoever and will not change the tobacco plant in any way. Let me know if I can help further.

OxiDate breaks down into water and oxygen about 20 minutes after application, so it leaves no residue or harmful byproducts behind. You need not worry about any adverse effects to the tobacco leaves.

Jennifer Halpin
Agricultural Division

obsoul33t

obsoul33t

IBL
that shit is pricey and a waste , just hose the PM off during harvest and hang to dry... PM will not be back once hung to dry... simple no cost and works

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

that shit is pricey and a waste , just hose the PM off during harvest and hang to dry... PM will not be back once hung to dry... simple no cost and works

I thought PM is Systemic, so it lives in the plant. Your basically washing off the spores, not the mildew itself.

obsoul33t

obsoul33t

IBL
I thought PM is Systemic, so it lives in the plant. Your basically washing off the spores, not the mildew itself.

that's all oxidate does is wash the shit off the outside .... water does the same..

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That's not all OxiDate does. Water cannot kill (via bursting cell walls) the way OxiDate can. Yes, it only affects what's on the exterior of the leaves, but it's a lot better than just washing it with water. The PM within tissues isn't going to live (long) once the plant is cut down. But what about those spores? OxiDate will kill them.

Top Bottom