Oxidate, Works wonders for PM!!!

• Thread starter Smokey503ski
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

In Oregon some of us Outdoor growers have been using this product called Oxidate.
Pretty much kills PM. The way I can explain it is like Hydrogen Peroxide for plants boboos.
This saved my outdoor this year and many other growers with PM in my area.
This stuff is a little spendy but can be found pretty cheap.

Here is a link and a little about the product...
OxiDate kills bacterial and fungal pathogens, offering superior crop protection. Use OxiDate for curative and preventative applications, or tank mix with other residual fungicides to help provide immediate knockdown control. With Oxidate, zero days to harvest and zero hour re-entry interval* allow growers to spray right up to harvest.

Benefits include:

•EPA Registered
•Zero-Hour REI (*Four-Hour in California)
•Zero-Days to Harvest
•Exempt from Pesticide Residue
•No Mutational Resistance
•OMRI listed for Organic Production
The State of Florida and the US EPA also register Oxidate for citrus decontamination and field and packinghouse applications. Oxidate is also labeled as a foliar spray on citrus for Alternaria, Greasy Spot, and Brown Rot.
The State of Florida and the US EPA also register Oxidate for citrus decontamination and field and packinghouse applications. Oxidate is also labeled as a foliar spray on citrus for Alternaria, Greasy Spot, and Brown Rot.

OxiDate eradicates disease and plant pathogens such as:

•Anthracnose
•Botrytis
•Powdery and Downy Mildew
•Early and Late Blight
•Pythium
•Bacterial Spot and Speck
•Fusarium
•Phytophthora
•Rhizoctonia

Product oxidate
Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

What is it comprised of?

No clue. But it WORKS!!!! It is very spendy but worth it to save your crop if you have PM or bud rot.

In Oregon I am part of a group called OGF and we are a Medical community that has a main office that also has a grow shop. I get discounts on everything for growing. The good deal is they buy stuff like this in large quantities and sell us smaller bottles for cheap.

H

happyinmendo

Hydrogen DiOxide I believe, its slightly different but almost the same as hydrogen peroxide except it is not phytotoxic to your plants in direct sunlight.

H

HydroRookie

hydrogen dioxide is the same as hydrogen peroxide, you can just google it and you'll see. They just label it this way to make imitation harder

J

Janus

Anyone else have experience with it?

Due to the fine moon-dust in my garden that get's all over my plants (despite regular hose rinses) I'm having to dunk my bud into water before bucking, Twister, and onto screens. I'm thinking of adding a little Oxidate to the 'dunk' for PM and Bot prevention. However, I'm concerned about my workers handling the Oxidate covered bud (breathing, skin contact, clothing destruction, etc.).

Thanks

motta-tokka

motta-tokka

We dont know what its made of apparently. Anyone know if the long term effects are good (On the powder mold)? We already have the eagle20 thread that everyone vouches for so just making sure this rocks before people start spending money on junk (No offense).

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I dont think this stuff is a systemic like eagle 20, this is more like green cure - ie: safe to use up to day of harvest, organic and no flavor/smell

Blaze

Blaze

No oxidate is not systemic like the eagle 20. People who use eagle 20 are missing some brain cells as far as I am concerned. Oxidate is safe to use up to day of harvest, OMRI listed, and does not leave behind any flavor and smell once it evaporates as far as I have ever been able to sell. Happyinmendo is correct - it is made of hydrogen-dioxide, and not photo-toxic.

It can be toxic if inhaled, and can cause eye damage, so you do want to wear a face mask and eye protection when applying it. If it gets on your skin it will cause to dry out and become irritated, turning it white. You cannot absorb enough through your skin to get to a toxic level as far as I know, but it can be uncomfortable if you get any on you. It is also toxic if you drink it.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
usually with any kind of "knockdown" treatment the symptoms of pm will come back within 7-14 days (the plant itself is still infected)

depends on how bad you have it and the grow room conditions (humidty, low light, poor air circulation, not enough ventitaltion etc)

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

No oxidate is not systemic like the eagle 20. People who use eagle 20 are missing some brain cells as far as I am concerned..

What is wrong with eagle 20? It is approved for use in food crops. Although it is not organic it has a toxic life of about 30 days(which indoor i believe you should double due to the lack of deterioration from elements). I dont see any problems with it as long as you only use it in veg. Maby you know something i dont, if so please enlighten me.

So is this product a contact spray or does it also work through the root zone? Thanks in advance

MeJuana

MeJuana

I must be missing a lot more brain cells then because I use a product called Clevis although admittedly I just started.. It is much like Eagle 20 but it has two agents in it, scary shit it certainly is. My plan is treat in veg couple weeks before I flip to 12/12 and then run high temps in flower with lots of C02.. No more treating with very harmful to human agents after flowering has commenced of course.

I treated the plants already but I was wearing full on PPE gear, a simple dust mask and goggles. First I put them in a mock unit (I can remove my plants) I took the plants outside (backyard secluded) into the dim light right before the sun set and I applied it outdoors. After drying I put the plants back inside into their normal unit and considered them quarantine, no direct contact can happen must have PPE. Also I worry about trace dust from the spraying so I am not visiting them for a long time.

Again this is Clevis not Eagle 20 but it does have the stuff from eagle 20 plus something from another product mixed.. Where I recommend neither.. Both serious shit, serious headache to deal with and I realize I am skimping I should have a treatment room and correct gear. I probably am missing a few brain cells

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
What is wrong with eagle 20? It is approved for use in food crops. Although it is not organic it has a toxic life of about 30 days(which indoor i believe you should double due to the lack of deterioration from elements). I dont see any problems with it as long as you only use it in veg. Maby you know something i dont, if so please enlighten me.

So is this product a contact spray or does it also work through the root zone? Thanks in advance

I was told by somebody who had to take some classes re: safe use of this product and others was min 45 (pertaining to grapes specifically) days from harvest

if you use this on moms or clones just rooted you should be all good

it is a contact spray, has a rediculous coverage rate

COCOLOCO

COCOLOCO

Eagle20 smells scary but works wonders! This Oxidate stuff may be a good IPM>>

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

a simple dust mask is not PPE. To properly protect you from pesticides you need a respirator that specifies it protects from "Solvents". The simple drywall ones dont work for pesticides. Spend 40 bucks on a good one, you wont regret it and your lungs/future children will thank you!

Latest posts

Top Bottom