Oxine.. Chlorine Dioxide?

• Thread starter Wavegem
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

nabrbob

what about an unactivated prescription
By not activating OXINE-WT at the low doses as per above would not control pathogens. To get a biocidal effect with unactivated OXINE-WT you would have to treat at levels that would be phytotoxic to your plants.

pdasterly

pdasterly

By not activating OXINE-WT at the low doses as per above would not control pathogens. To get a biocidal effect with unactivated OXINE-WT you would have to treat at levels that would be phytotoxic to your plants.
ok sounds good then, I have 150 gal rez

N

nabrbob

Based on others experiences with treating root rot, give it a few days and you should see a dramatic improvement.

pdasterly

pdasterly

Based on others experiences with treating root rot, give it a few days and you should see a dramatic improvement.
how long until i can add beneficial bacteria products, im reading 48 hours

N

nabrbob

how long until i can add beneficial bacteria products, im reading 48 hours
You can add them any time after you see improvement in root rot. I’d probably wait til at least 96 hours of daily treatments though. After the root rot is under control and you drop to 1-ppm OXINE you can use any probiotic you want as needed.

pdasterly

pdasterly

Well its been almost two weeks. How are your results so far?
i did something wrong, the roots recovered but the root rot came back, brown roots. Funny im draining system right now and gonna try the oxine again

N

nabrbob

i did something wrong, the roots recovered but the root rot came back, brown roots. Funny im draining system right now and gonna try the oxine again
Perhaps avoid adding any "beneficial bacteria" products for a while and keep up the dosage daily.

pdasterly

pdasterly

Perhaps avoid adding any "beneficial bacteria" products for a while and keep up the dosage daily.
im gonna do 4 days of dosing at 2ppm then switch over to pool shock. coco plants doing great and i feed them directly from rdwc rez

N

nabrbob

im gonna do 4 days of dosing at 2ppm then switch over to pool shock. coco plants doing great and i feed them directly from rdwc rez
Plants will much better tolerate OXINE-WT at 2-ppm than almost any dose of pool shock. I'm just curious why you would go with pool shock.

pdasterly

pdasterly

Totally understood. Good Luck!!
no doubt oxine works, its my brown thumb thats in the way. I get immediate system response after using. ph goes from falling to rising in first night. if you have (r)dwc get a bluelabs guardian, it is a godsend

Latest posts

Top Bottom