• Start date
  • Tagged users None
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Oxy cloner tips  tricks   dwc cloning
Oxy cloner tips  tricks   dwc cloning 2

Just wanted to share a few tips and tricks when using the Oxy Cloner cloning machine.

First of all if you’re thinking of building a dwc cloner then this is a great option. It costs damn near $50 to build one by the time you buy all the parts.

Now this unit is not without one minor flaw that’s easily fixed. The included water pump is submersed in the water res and raises temps 10+ degrees. To fix this I simply removed the water pump, replaced the air pump with a dual outlet unit and added a second air stone. It costs about $20 to do this modification and is well worth it.

Tip #1: Number the collars with a black sharpie. This allows you to easily keep track of your strains in a notebook or notepad on your phone. You can also track the date the clone was put in it. I run several strains and this is a great way of keeping track of various phenos.

Tip #2: Small clear plastic solo cups can be used as makeshift domes. Just mist the inside of the cup and place it over top of the wilting cutting(s).

Tip #3: While changing out the water you can set the lid with clones on an open box or Tupperware container to keep the clones suspended and moist.

If you have any tips or tricks to add please post them for others to use. At the end of the day successful cloning and rooting is what we are hoping to achieve and this machine takes the hassle out of it for small personal sized grows.

Erick31876

Erick31876

I always add a little rooting powder to my water. I seem to get better results. Also i am constantly making clones. How often do you change the water out

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
About every 7 days. My water runs in the low 70s so algae isn’t really much of an issue.

Erick31876

Erick31876

i put mine on a timer yo kerp temos down. I have it run 15 minutes on 15 minutes off. I haven't had a temp issue. I haven't checked the temps but the water feels cold.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I like it with two air stones and no water pump there’s really no reason for a water pump.

Erick31876

Erick31876

Its actually kind of annoying hearing it kick on and off every 15 minutes

MrChemovar

MrChemovar

Great tips brother, taking notes!

View attachment 836341 View attachment 836342

Just wanted to share a few tips and tricks when using the Oxy Cloner cloning machine.

First of all if you’re thinking of building a dwc cloner then this is a great option. It costs damn near $50 to build one by the time you buy all the parts.

Now this unit is not without one minor flaw that’s easily fixed. The included water pump is submersed in the water res and raises temps 10+ degrees. To fix this I simply removed the water pump, replaced the air pump with a dual outlet unit and added a second air stone. It costs about $20 to do this modification and is well worth it.

Tip #1: Number the collars with a black sharpie. This allows you to easily keep track of your strains in a notebook or notepad on your phone. You can also track the date the clone was put in it. I run several strains and this is a great way of keeping track of various phenos.

Tip #2: Small clear plastic solo cups can be used as makeshift domes. Just mist the inside of the cup and place it over top of the wilting cutting(s).

Tip #3: While changing out the water you can set the lid with clones on an open box or Tupperware container to keep the clones suspended and moist.

If you have any tips or tricks to add please post them for others to use. At the end of the day successful cloning and rooting is what we are hoping to achieve and this machine takes the hassle out of it for small personal sized grows.

MrChemovar

MrChemovar

I always add a little rooting powder to my water. I seem to get better results. Also i am constantly making clones. How often do you change the water out

What rooting powder do you use? I'm currently running a no till atm and don't have much synthetic inputs to include

Top Bottom