Oxyclone 20 recirc pump actually necessary?

• Thread starter DEVGRU_420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DEVGRU_420

DEVGRU_420

Hey just got an oxyclone 20 site. It came with a recirculation pump and an airstone with its own air pump. I bought an upgraded pump so I can run 2 airstones at the bottom instead of one. Is it necessary to use the recirculation pump? I've seen diy clone setups that only use the airstones and they seem to work great. Just wondering if it's actually needed? I've heard they can raise water temp which wouldn't be good in my case. Thanks dudes!!

DR.PNW

DR.PNW

Hey just got an oxyclone 20 site. It came with a recirculation pump and an airstone with its own air pump. I bought an upgraded pump so I can run 2 airstones at the bottom instead of one. Is it necessary to use the recirculation pump? I've seen diy clone setups that only use the airstones and they seem to work great. Just wondering if it's actually needed? I've heard they can raise water temp which wouldn't be good in my case. Thanks dudes!!
Introduction of more air is good for dissolved oxygen content, and as a by product it will cause surface misting which is ideal for rooting plants.
If your water levels and solution swaps are diligently maintained the recirculation pump is not necessary.
It shouldn't be deleted it without reason, but high water temperature is a valid reason.

Wuddup_B

Wuddup_B

I took the recirc pump out and replaced it with more bubbles.

Latest posts

Top Bottom