Oxygenating Nutes...

• Thread starter Afghi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Afghi

Afghi

I was wondering what people's thought's were on bubbling your nutes... i use earth juice, the basic grow/bloom/xatalyst along with using some guano, sometimes some fish fertilizer to mix thing's up, but for the most part im using organic nutes. I don't claim to be 100 percent tlo or anything but try to stay as organic as i can.. i'm wondering what the benefits are of bubbling my nutes? Is it worth doing just to add sone oxygen to my mix? It does raise my ph some which is good, it mean's i don't have to hit it with as much ph+. Is it worth doing this just for the health of the plants? I don't get overflowing foam like when i see people making tea's but the extra oxygen i am giving must be somewhat beneficial. Would a bit of hydrogen peroxode help make that oxygen a bit more available to the plants?

H

hawkman

Bubbler's are used in hydro grows in there water resivors

Afghi

Afghi

Y
Bubbler's are used in hydro grows in there water resivors
Yeah i know, they are also used in organic's to make tea's. My question was about the benefit's of oxygenating my water/nutes

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

I'm not sure about organic but with salts you don't want to aerate because it will cause your calcium to fall out of the solution (what causes ph rise and the white gunk in the res)

I'd imagine that happens a little with organics too. if you didn't have the water moving it would definitely get aerobic and smelly, if you don't want to use o2 bubblers you can use a tiny aquarium pump, I put an old cloner pump at the bottom of my 100 gal rezzies and just leave it running to kick whatever settles to the bottom back up. You should be able to see the surface of the water moving, that has usually been aenough aeration for me just making sure all the water comes in contact with the surface.

H

hawkman

Y

Yeah i know, they are also used in organic's to make tea's. My question was about the benefit's of oxygenating my water/nutes
when you make tea's a bubble line is the bucket anyway and is necessary but not for o2 supply- necessary for all the fungi, ect to interact (make)

Bannacis

Bannacis

Bubble away...always good to bubble if water is involved for plants. also the microbes in the nutes need o2.
you should be all good so long as your water is clean and your nutes have no synthetics or EDTA (acids)(salts) or Chelated addies.
If you add any liquid nutes, do so in small amounts.

Top Bottom