Ozone Generator Bad?

• Thread starter dankemhunter
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dankemhunter

dankemhunter

Is it bad to run my ozone generator in my basement while I am upstairs? I do not smell it through the floor but I figured I would ask before I continued to use it while I am home.

lollipopman

lollipopman

I would not run it near your grow, now if you was running the air from the ozone out side then yes.

dankemhunter

dankemhunter

Yeah man I just have an ozone generator that recirculates the air. GG4 is so stinky I would have thought someone was grinding up a bunch of trees in my front yard. I moved the ozone generator to my garage which is far from my grow.

Billyboat

Billyboat

I run 6 ozone generators at my facility, just not in any flower rooms. They are placed in my attic space, in the open warehouse, and above every entry/exit.

Ozone rocks for when those smells escape.

dankemhunter

dankemhunter

I run 6 ozone generators at my facility, just not in any flower rooms. They are placed in my attic space, in the open warehouse, and above every entry/exit.

Ozone rocks for when those smells escape.
Do you turn them off when you are working?

Billyboat

Billyboat

Nope, never. If you size them properly you will never feel any ill effects. Been using ozone for years.

dankemhunter

dankemhunter

Thanks @Billyboat I am probably going to invest in a ozone test kit and test each room in my house while the generator is running and see whats up.

Billyboat

Billyboat

@Billyboat how do i ensure i size them properly? what would the negative effects b if there were any? thank you

Some people are sensitive to ozone and it will give them a headache if exposed to it.

Billyboat

Billyboat

what i just read said it can cause respiratory issues and can react w many different chemicals and substances and are actually considered rather unhealthy and dangerous

i can see running small ones possibly on a timer when i am not at the shop but running them full time seems just as bad as breathing in mold

I run them in the open warehouse spaces, like the attics, hallways, over the bay doors etc...
I'm not in the open areas very often as I spend all my time working inside the rooms so I've never been worried about it.

Top Bottom