ozone generator safety

• Thread starter splakdawg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
splakdawg

splakdawg

Dilemma farmers I'm on day 7 and aroma is kicking up. My grow is on the second level of my house and the smell is permeating down to the bottom floor. U can smell bud in my back staircase and bathroom. I'm installing a carbon filter but wanted to know would it be safe for mammals to run a ozone generator if I seal off the 2nd floor?
I have a uvonair brand gene its not a inline model

Natural

Natural

not sure if I understand the plan fully...but yes you should not seal up a space and run ozone constantly with humans..plants or animals and expect no problems. If I walk into a sealed room that has been running ozone..it's hard to catch my breath..like a dry cough feeling. Most commercial air cleaners use like 3 different methods along with ozone to treat the air.
If you had to do it..try to block off the mammals from the area and/or purge the room after ozonating, alternately.

splakdawg

splakdawg

I sealed off the entire second floor. How about if i throw the ozone gen on a timer. And thx for the insight natural u have been a big help

Natural

Natural

yes that would be the ticket..especially if you can purge..but yes experiment with your times.

splakdawg

splakdawg

When u say purge do u mean extract stale ozone rich air out of the house

Natural

Natural

yes..it might be hard to tweak a reggie..but if you could maybe run ozone for like 10 mins...purge for 5 minutes...then rest for 10-15..then repeat. something like that. Or if that is too much..maybe kick on the ozone for 5 minutes every 15 or so...you get the gist.

fractal

fractal

Ozone should only be used to treat the air in a ducting before it is exhausted. Letting ozone loose into a grow room is going to wreak havoc on your plants. It can kill them and erase all their smell. That is how BC beasters come to be so generic smelling, they ozone the dry buds while they are being cured so that they don't smell.

fractal

fractal

Just to add: my friend lost a 8 light room because his dumbass assistant left the ozone blower on with the exhaust shut off. It burns the shit out of the plants.

Top Bottom