Ozone gens smell problem!!

• Thread starter devious d
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
devious d

devious d

:help:Just got a head up from a neighbour about smell, running in a loft, my carbon filter is leaking so im sorting that, but is it safe to run a uvonair 1000 or 3000 and do they work any one using one who can give me some facts on them mucho appreciated, as at the moment im cropping my flower room10 weeks thank god, but dont know to get rid of my mothers(they dont smell reaLLY). He saw my outside plants 2 yrs ago but dont want smell in his house thats pushing it and para:confused0054::confused0054:

J

Jalisco Kid

You can put another scrubber in the room your trimming/hanging in. JK

G

Green Supreme

High levels of ozone cause perforations in the lungs. Please be careful. Peace GS

B

biggs

i run my ozone gen in the room i'm venting my carbon filter into. i then vent this outside. helps clear up any smells that may escape. you can also put your ozone gen into your ducting.
just make sure you turn off your ozone gen b4 going into the room its being used in, and leave it about 30 mins b4 going in. as stated above, it can be harmful. good luck.

devious d

devious d

so if i put the gen in ducting and vent it through the roof, it will be running on a timer so entering wont be a problem for myself or id mask up, its just ozone getting to other bits of the house im worried about as i dont understand it fully, if its a sealed room should be ok ??

B

biggs

so if i put the gen in ducting and vent it through the roof, it will be running on a timer so entering wont be a problem for myself or id mask up, its just ozone getting to other bits of the house im worried about as i dont understand it fully, if its a sealed room should be ok ??

yep, putting it in the ducting and venting straight outside is ideal. you need to put it far enough up the ducting so it has time to work and take the smell out of the air. ie: don't put it at the very end of the ducting. not sure what you mean by sealed room?

this is the one i use, as it is adjustable. don't think the others out the are:

http://www.growell.co.uk/p/1685/HydrOzone.html

devious d

devious d

nice one biggs for the link and all input from all,if the ozone can only leave the area by opening the door or dissipates after its been turned off 1/2hour no worries, but if its heavier than air drops through the floor into rooms below, all wooden floors covered in black&white plastic

R

Radio_Dread

and jsut be aware that ozone itself creats a very fiamiliar smell to some as a by product. ever smell that clean hospital smell? thats what it kind of reminds me of. and you will def be able to smell it i would think. but i dont know i have never really tinkered around with it much to fingure out a way to get it to work good and have very little smell from the ozone. i would recomend a cardbon scrubber and just go over board with it, or get 2 really big one. thats just me tho. hope this may help

T

thehaunt

Ok I've noticed my carbon scrubber is leaking smell somehow probably because the cfm rating of the fan is too high for the filter or maybe it is because I am pushing instead of pulling through it. I am going to put the fan on a controller in the next couple of days. My question is, in addition to the controller, I thought adding a ozone generator to where the carbon scrubber exhausts which is in the attic, would that take car of it? And would I need to add a gable fan or would the passive attic vents be sufficient? I am cautious simply because of the detriment to your health that ozone causes when in the living area. Thanks guys.

devious d

devious d

hey haunt yes i changed carbon fil;ter a couple of months back and its since then the problem occuried im redoing all ducting and spigot plate and clips and run a second to be sure, still worried about ozone with my kids living with me.

B

biggs

hey haunt yes i changed carbon fil;ter a couple of months back and its since then the problem occuried im redoing all ducting and spigot plate and clips and run a second to be sure, still worried about ozone with my kids living with me.

you can get ozone testers to test the amount of ozone in the air if your worried mate. but if your running it in your loft and you regularly exchange the air in there you'll have nothing to worry about. thats also why i got the one i linked so you can adjust the amount of ozone produced to suit the size if the room. good luck with it mate.

C

croniholic

You can smell the ozone pretty easily in my experience with them. So, I would think that as long as you have a good nose you can smell any leaks into your living area. Then, if you smell any, find the leak and fix it. Just please try and "smell" as little as possible.

R

Radio_Dread

yes cause they can be stinky too, but at least you wont smell weed tho. i know people that associate the smell of ozone with weed. now a carbon filter smells like a barkery i think hehehe

RD

J

Jalisco Kid

What do you mean by mask up? JK

devious d

devious d

J.K im a concrete cutter& diamond driller have good breathing equipment ,filtered masks or even air fed ones, cutting extraction holes in concrete walls a speciality,

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey devious, the fulham shop told me to run the Ozone gen through the ducting but i think the ducting has to be 8inch for the gen to fit..... Hope that helps..

G81

Curb Feeler

Curb Feeler

The thing is that a carbon filter forces all of the smell to come in contact with the carbon.

The problem with Ozone is that all of the smell isn't forced to come in contact with the ozone. The ozone floats around trying to come in contact with the odor and some of it is missed and escapes.

The only way to really overcome this fault is to build a box that contains the ozone generator and has a fan that runs all of the smelly air through the box/manifold to be treated. The air flow would also have to be pretty slow to allow the ozone a chance to treat the air.

Really ozone is best used in an ajoining room as a second treatment after carbon scrubbing. Ozone just doesn't seem to work 100% alone, unless you have a gigantic ozone generator, and those can be dangerous to be around.

C

ClimateControl

Filtering the Air/Ozone

Ever thought about using a Mini Split? They filter and remove odor from the room, along with maintaining the temp.

the filters are removable, washable, and you can scent the filters to stop the odor. The newest biggest thing since lights!!

devious d

devious d

Thanks for all the feedback and the links, was thinking of a mini-split for temp control (hard work in summer) if it helps with odour control as well great, i had portable a/c but that didnt help, i think a rebuild is needed,fitting mini-split ,extra carbon filter(2) and ozone gen in the ducting, better safe than sorry

B

Bobby Smith

1) Yes, ozone has a smell, but no one who doesn't use one is gonna know what it is - as someone above said, it just smells "clean".

2) I have an Oz. Jr. from Cap which is always on - there's a built in timer on it that goes like 10on/10 off or something like that - either way, it stays on constantly.

3) I also have the Oz. 5000 or whatever it's called from Cap, and that thing is a much heavier duty model and must be kept on a timer or outside your grow area - you notice your throat gets scratchy when you're around it too long.

Even though I have two, I don't put too much stock in ozone for the reasons stated above - it's more a "final step" in odor control than a main preventative.

I'd much prefer to go hardcore with inlines and filters because I know they'll remove the stank - the ozone is simply a redundancy in case anything should happen to a filter.

In terms of odor control, the two words that describe my style best are "redundancy" and "overkill".

Top Bottom