Ozone treatments..

• Thread starter bluejay
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bluejay

I have never seen anyone running any kind of uv bulb in there water/nut supply and wonder why? If you were on all synthetics it wouldnt matter in killing all microbial life..

Would it destroy or possibly precipitae(but that would mean a major ph shift) the nutes?

Seems like it would be good insurance of no other competion in the rez...

B

bluejay

A hydro experiment with ozone

They did say they used organic nutes but it sounds like it might destroy the roots directly..

But a air one will put out higher amounts then the ones made to bubble into water..at $50 it might be a fun experiment..

audius

audius

ive personally never heard of that bluejay,,or is it jayhawk,lol,,i use hygrozymene for that.shits a gift from shiva.. happpy growing.

M

MMJInsiders

All of our fresh water storage tanks (pre top off reservoirs) have pumps that cycle water through UV sterilizers. We run UV bulbs in our A/C returns as well.

We use ozone in our dump areas for smell. You could filter o3 through water for sterilization purposes but it is far easier to use a UB bulb and pass water around it. The UV light itself sterilizes the water, where the o3 given off as from a ozone generator would have to be forced through the water some how to have the same effect.

M

MMJInsiders

I forgot to add that we do not use UV on or nute res'es because we found that it oxidizes trace elements needed by the plants...

Top Bottom