P Deficiency Using Azos??

• Thread starter Loki77
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Loki77

Loki77

Has anyone had a problem when using Azos that it caused any kind of deficiency?

I started using Azos and Green Grow Biochar in my coco mix a few months back. And the crops that came from when I started using it have started having problems in the 4th or 5th week of flower.

I am going to discontinue use. But I would like some feedback to whether or not either of these are affecting my plants?

Everything looks great in veg and through the first 3 weeks. Then I start getting leaf die off from the bottom up. This starts as a yellowing, them brown splotches with leaves turning down. I've not really changed anything but the Azos and Biochar.

I thought it was N deficiency or a Cal-Mag problem. Added Cali-Magic, didn't help. Added Epsom Salts, didn't help. Then I started adding Cutting Edge Micro for N, still no help.

Any info on these products would be most helpful. Or if anyone has suggestion, I'm all ears.

Thank you

P  deficiency using azos
P  deficiency using azos 2
P  deficiency using azos 3
P  deficiency using azos 4
Full.Melt

Full.Melt

i personally don't go over 1.3 ec.i keep it under that the entire grow.that would be half of what your runoff is.i grow in promix hempys.my guess would be overfeeding calmag is causing it.i noticed you added a few diff calmag products that might be the cause.

Loki77

Loki77

I would think the same but up until i started using the Azos, I have no experienced any problems. How would over feeding explain that they do fine in veg and through the first 3 weeks of flower?
Have you viewed the pics I included? I scale back all my nutes to work with 4 gallons of water. I have all my pots in tables, so I don't really trust my runoff EC. Any suggestions based on my pics?

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Isn't 6.3 ph too high for coco? When I used coco I aimed for 5.7-5.9.

Loki77

Loki77

My runoff is 6.2 which is an acceptable range for nutrient uptake. I water between 5.8 and 6.0.

DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez

You might have broad mites or russet mites. Same thing happened to us and we were racking our brains trying to figure it out...

Not saying you do but we had similiar symptoms.

Talk to someone who knows about broad & russet mites.

Loki77

Loki77

You might have broad mites or russet mites. Same thing happened to us and we were racking our brains trying to figure it out...

Not saying you do but we had similiar symptoms.

Talk to someone who knows about broad & russet mites.
I got those a year ago. Pain in the ass to get rid of. It has a similar symptom in the way the leaves dry up and fall off. I have a few falling on different places on the plant. Not as uniform as they fall from Broad Mites. Thanks for the suggestions. Any and all are welcome.

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

I thought it was N deficiency or a Cal-Mag problem. Added Cali-Magic, didn't help. Added Epsom Salts, didn't help. Then I started adding Cutting Edge Micro for N, still no help.

this is a beginners mistake...adding anything will just make it worse, i would flush and then restart with a feed of 650ppm next water after flush

thats not a P issue, thats a K issue, 100% sure, you can see if you look closely, the scorched edges on the crimpled up leaf that is a sure sign of a potassium issue...the way the nice leaves are super shiney, and then part of them is yellowing and crimpled up with scorched edges......my first guess is salt build up...the first nute to get locked out from salt build up is potassium, followed by calcium...

edit: i bet if you pour enough water to get say 3 gallons of runoff, i bet the first 2 are relatively the same, but the 3rd gallon will have a higher ppm than the first 2...

Last edited:
DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez

Yeah what the guy above me said sounds about right..

Looks like u have some severe lock out. Something you're adding is antagonizing something else. Adding other products to try to correct it is counterproductive and probably compounding your problems.

We've also had these issues, I attribute it to running too much camg I think.

Flush w 400 ppm a&b and immediately follow with a strong feed. Check your runoff and see what ppm you're getting. If it's coming out higher than its going in you had build up & lock out.

What nutes u running?

Loki77

Loki77

I run Canna bases with H&G additives. I also add Hygrozyme and RAW Silica. I feed, feed and then just tea or water on the 3rd watering. I scale back all the nutes for 4 gallons instead of 5.

So the Azos doesn't affect that? I've researched and Azos can sometimes block nutes or make the plant use one quicker than another.

I appreciate the help. I've been growing for a bit and never encountered this.

Loki77

Loki77

Any other suggestions? I use Tupur with GS-1 Growstones. I've recently started adding Azos and the Biochar like I mentioned above.

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

Any other suggestions? I use Tupur with GS-1 Growstones. I've recently started adding Azos and the Biochar like I mentioned above.

stop adding stuff, you will just compound your problem...just flush, then on the following watering fertilize

Loki77

Loki77

I plan on making all transplants basic in the future. I'm going use just Tupur. Should I do a flush that is 2x the size of the pot?

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

yes just flush with plain water with correct ph with 2-3 times the volume of the container...then about 2-3 days later when she is dry then give her a shot of fertilizer...

this may help ya ...first vid i found

Loki77

Loki77

What do you suggest for a good Ph for Coco? I usually run 6.0. Should i go back to 5.7-5.8? That was what I used for my hydro set up.
yes just flush with plain water with correct ph with 2-3 times the volume of the container...then about 2-3 days later when she is dry then give her a shot of fertilizer...

this may help ya ...first vid i found

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

for me anything from 5.8to 6.3......im not that picky as long as its in those ranges then it should be good

Loki77

Loki77

for me anything from 5.8to 6.3......im not that picky as long as its in those ranges then it should be good
Thank you for all your help. I had begun to lose faith in this forum but you have renewed it.

Top Bottom