P deficiency?

• Thread starter visajoe1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
visajoe1

visajoe1

we'll see what happens, water is the simplest fix, so no complaining here. if she gets better, then it turns out she was just a little sensitive compared to her roommates.

visajoe1

visajoe1

Doesn't this look like a P excess instead of some kind of def?

Or is that what you were getting at recommending the balanced nutes @Beachwalker and @Dirtbag?
Just a follow up from earlier this week, I think you nailed it. I flushed this one Tuesday morning and 48hs later it began showing signs of improvement. Chlorophyll is returning to yellowed areas of some leaves. Leaf texture is softer and less sandpaper like. Improvement continuing today.

I'm going to postpone using the 3-12-9 bloom feed, and use maxigro 10-5-14 minimally for remainder.

visajoe1

visajoe1

Well, she is going to make it. Not a fun experience with her, but glad I stuck with it and will get her to the finish line. When things began going sideways I started taking notes, I think this helped tremendously.

Below is my notes through today and a pic from Friday night at lights out. Next feed will be lower, .5-.7ec

Purple 1

HF/OF/Perlite, 3g pot, transplanted and flipped 2 weeks later 3/27. Ph water, minimal feeds with 7-9-5. Gave bloom booster late March, lower fan leaves showing damage by 4/3, flushed, things stabilized for a few days, fed 3-12-9 and soon after damage escalated. Flushed again 4/15, damage continued.
4/18 removed from tent and placed next to 2 24” fluorescent.
4/22 removed top layer of soil and flushed with regular tap water. Leaves appear to show CA def, however they do feel better than they have in 2 weeks. Soft and flexible again, some leaves appear to be healing.
4/23, all yellow appears to have healed, leaves feel soft and healthy including formerly crunchy leaves.
4/24 fed 1.2ec 10-5-14 and placed back into tent, looking fine end of day.
4/26 fed 1.5ec 10-5-14, runoff 1ec, damaged leaves deteriorating slowly, new growth looks healthy green
4/28 visible wilting, tap water, runoff .5ec. Leaves perked up in a few minutes
4/30 fed 1.5ec 10-5-14, runoff 1.1ec
5/2 tap water
5/4 tap water, runoff .6ec. Overall looks like hell, flowers look good. Smaller buds than #2, and fewer sites
5/6 fed 1.3ec 10-5-14, runoff 1.1ec
5/8 tap water, runoff .9ec
5/10 rain/tap water, runoff .7ec

Veg Leaf VPD- .9-1.4 400w MH 6000k, 1000w MH 4000k 2 weeks including 1st week of flower
Flower Leaf VPD- 1-1.4 1000w HPS, 20” to canopy appears to be closest distance without issues
~21 day stretch

20200508 200601
Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

Calcium issues are frequently the result of the Phosphorus-Calcium interaction. FFarms already has a bunch of nutes in it. Adding P and K upsets the balance, with the phosphorus reacting with the calcium to make Calcium Phosphate, a mineral called Apatite and it binds the calcium, making it unavailable to the plant. Epsom salts might help, but a foliar application of it would bypass any lockouts in the roots and giving a quick burst of Mg.
A flush might help (make sure to give a nitrogen snack after snacks since Nitrogen is the most easily leached nute, phosphorus is the most difficult and persistent) but probably won't remove much of the phosphorus. Keep your Ph below 6.5 to facilitate absorption of nutes by your plants and make sure they are getting enough calcium and magnesium to overcome any lockouts. Keep in mind that a lot of Cal-Mag can also cause issues with high Ph, and in soils that have a lot of phosphorus, it can bind with it and throw off everything. FWIW, I find that keeping nute levels low helps me to avoid lockouts and similar issues. Sometimes you will get a plant that is just picky and doesn't like a lot of nutes, so it has become my mantra to use the minimal amount of nutrients and stuff as possible. I'm not saying not to use them... I am saying to use them with restraint. Plants rarely have deficiencies in a well balanced soil and it isn't until we try to supercharge the growing process that you start having problems.
Totally 100% accurate... I've been trying all sorts of things out of boredom.... Supercharging my soil has caused me all kinds of issues... Using Cal mag combined with all my organics in the soil I think if killing me at the moment... Less is always better when it comes to weed... Yet it doesn't stop me from trying and screwing things up even though I know that

Latest posts

Top Bottom