P.T. for broken ankle

• Thread starter Dirty White Boy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

Does anyone have any good p.t. advice for a broken ankle. Im in about week 3 of p.t. since i was i was allowed to start walking on it and doing p.t. and im kinda hitting a wall. No matter how much i stretch and work it out it keeps swelling massively ive tried to get some cardio in on a bike and doing a row machine but no matter what i do i keep getting really bad swelling. Does this sound normal to anyone else. I have no insurance so im going through a real crap hospital and im not getting much advice. Anyone else been through this that has some pointers. Certain supplements to take. Im taking citrical and vitamin d3 on top of my normal vitamins. Is there anything else i could take. I appreciate any responses in advance.

Otto

phenotyper

phenotyper

How long did you let the break heal before putting weight on it? What type of fracture.

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

I was at about 5 or 6 weeks out when i started to put weight on it. I had a trimalleolar break and ripped a ligiment in half also. I had the last surgery July 14th. Im now just wrapping it up and walking on it. It hurts but im scared of letting it get stiff since im still really active in a number of sports. Im getting ansy, lol.

phenotyper

phenotyper

I think the swelling is pretty normal, especially if you haven't used your foot in a while. When I broke my foot, it felt like I had to learn to walk and move my joints all over again. Have you tried some CBD rich edibles before PT?

Top Bottom