Paint Gun Psi?

• Thread starter bibbles
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bibbles

bibbles

This cycle was going swimingly until a few weeks ago, at which point what appears to be a relentless potassium deficiency started up. I've done all the things, but haven't really seen any improvement, the first two to look rough look better, but most of the rest look worse.

In retrospect, I think I turned my airless paint gun up to 3,000 psi to reach the ones in the back, and neglected to turn it back down. I also switched where I was spraying from.

Given that low humidity can cause potassium problems, could it be that I was damaging the cuticle, effectively causing leaves to transpire to death?

The first to look shitty were the closest to me before, they look somewhat better, though the ones closest to where I switched to spraying from now look the worst; moreover, one plant is a different strain, very shiny cuticle, no damage on her.

Things are probably fucked at this point, but CA-25 claims to help with the cuticle, so I'm gonna try to hit them with that on low tonight.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I used to be an auto Painter, how in the world did you crank up the psi to 3000? 3000psi would make most c02 explode with catastrophic results. Even 300psi would make a cylinder explode.

bibbles

bibbles

It's an airless paint sprayer, Graco TrueCoat Pro II, adjustable from 1,000 to 2,000 PSI. So, I suppose I had it set at 2,000 then.

P

PharmHand

I have a titan sprayer it goes up to 2500. When I prime it get it ready I have it set at full pressure then turn it down to about 1/4 pressure. But like a classic stoner sometimes I forget and spray for a minute before remembering to turn it back down and I've seen a little damage from it too. Mine looked chlorotic and speckled like a serious iron deficiency. The messed up leaves kinda recovered but I just ended up pulling them anyhow. Are your plants flipped? Got a pic? CA25 definitely won't hurt, great foliar. Good luck man

bibbles

bibbles

I tried to fix the aparent deficiency... via foliar. D:

Already flipped, don't have a pic, but... it's not pretty. You're better off not seeing them. :/

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Foliar may help quicker than a soil drench. Trust me, we've seen worse. Can't be as bad as my buddy defoliating his plant by removing ALL the fan leaves before flipping. Looked like a charlie brown Christmas tree in flower.

bibbles

bibbles

I don't think there were deficiencies, I think I mistook the pressure damage for deficiencies, caused more damage foliaring to help, vicious circle for a couple weeks, and now things are pretty much fucked. It's week 8, 10 week strain, and a number of them have lost the majority of their folliage.

Some still look good, but bud development looks like it's week 5-6, so... idunno, not sure if I should bother going the full ten weeks, or longer as it's looking, or simply eject.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I used to be an auto Painter, how in the world did you crank up the psi to 3000? 3000psi would make most c02 explode with catastrophic results. Even 300psi would make a cylinder explode.
hahaha i could just imagine using my graco 1095 on plants

Top Bottom