Paint or panda film?

• Thread starter kushtrees
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kushtrees

So ive been hard at work cleaning rooms after my russet mite madness and I'm trying to decide how to proceed with my walls. I tore down my existing panda film and bleached everything multiple times, sprayed bleach in the cracks went crazy cleaning these rooms. I'm now considering painting all the walls flat white to further ensure the bugs are dead and gone.

I'm wondering if people think flat white is as effective as panda film for reflectivity. I'm sure panda is a lil more reflective but is it worth the cost/ effort if I have a layer of flat white paint? If its a lot better than paint I'll probably end up painting and panda filming over it, but if it is just as good as panda I would love to just skip the panda, it would make things much easier.

If anyone has used both or thinks one is better than the other please chime in I'd love to hear everyone's opinions

D

Dulce

+1 on the paint. I use a kitchen/ bathroom paint w/ fungal inhibitor. Color is "ULTRA FLAT WHITE". Reflects light very nicely and looks super clean!

Blaze

Blaze

+2 on the paint, I use an anti-fungal/anti-bacterial flat white, works great.

bobby

bobby

I think Gloss or High Gloss is better than flat white. Flat white has more pores for spores and moldy stuff to grow in. You cannot truly wipe a flat white surface clean....but with Gloss or High Gloss, you can wipe it clean.

Use 2 layers of Kills primer, then 2 layers of a high gloss bathroom paint that has anti-fungal properties.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
I think Gloss or High Gloss is better than flat white. Flat white has more pores for spores and moldy stuff to grow in. You cannot truly wipe a flat white surface clean....but with Gloss or High Gloss, you can wipe it clean.

Use 2 layers of Kills primer, then 2 layers of a high gloss bathroom paint that has anti-fungal properties.

X2 this is the way you do in I did this to the tea, Fucking Cases of caulk

sox

sox

i heard a cat talkin about mold resistant reflective paint about 2 years ago? if its real, its worth checkin into.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
i heard a cat talkin about mold resistant reflective paint about 2 years ago? if its real, its worth checkin into.
Thats the paint in the video I just posted, you can get it at Menards, for around $25.00 a gallon best shit you can get, hands down !! ;)

Reactions: sox
oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Its REAL!
that gallon of paint is what I used on my shit, have never seen anything ever growing on in NEVER !!

It's (Mold & Mildew-Proof™ paint film- guaranteed for 5 years) here you go Bro.......:cool:

sox

sox

super sweet, a friend of a friend who has a few decent grows going was talkin about it, but i could never tell if he was BSn....guess not!
How reflective is it??

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
I have 10 k adjust- A-Wings the room is so bright I where. The method seven glasses in it witch by the way kick ass u can see all the colors in the room, also I painted the floor with that paint

Reactions: sox
F

Franklin P. Nug

The problem with panda film is moisture can and WILL get caught behind it. You are better off to paint. Cheap Wal Mart flat white. Dont get suckered in to the bullshit. Its paint..

sox

sox

The problem with panda film is moisture can and WILL get caught behind it. You are better off to paint. Cheap Wal Mart flat white. Dont get suckered in to the bullshit. Its paint..

i dont know, the dude who was ramblin about this shit 3 years ago was on top of the game....he told alot of stories, but he was on top for sure.

juniorgrower

juniorgrower

Right on Franklin! I use the cheap paint from Wally World also. I painted the walls, ceiling and floor with primer and then the cheap flat white paint. I have never had any mites, mold, mildew or anything.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I would definately go with the flat white paint, semi-gloss or high gloss white paint are gonna be easier to clean, but the flat white reflects light better. I only clean my walls once every couple of months so I'm not worried about it being a little easier to clean if I'm gonna lose 10%-20% of reflectivity.

SAMCRO

SAMCRO

Paper seems to be more trouble than its worth and its always ripping and your replacing. High Gloss enamel paint and your done. Easy clean up too.

Top Bottom