Paint sprayer help

• Thread starter GR33NL3AF
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Whose using a paint sprayer to simplify their spraying?

Basically I want a unit that will draw solution from a 5 gallon bucket and push it 40-50 feet. Obviously need a very fine mist. Any cleaning tips would be helpful as well.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
how do you keep mixing the 5 gal bucket as your spraying? Most products need constant mixing for optimal spraying. Backpack spray with 4 gallon or 2 gallon tank. Atomizer has a 2gal tank, I'd just rec an atomizer and refill it a couple times.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

how do you keep mixing the 5 gal bucket as your spraying? Most products need constant mixing for optimal spraying. Backpack spray with 4 gallon or 2 gallon tank. Atomizer has a 2gal tank, I'd just rec an atomizer and refill it a couple times.
If the bucket was exposed I could throw a small circulating pump in it...

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
An open 5 gal bucket could spill and considering you might be spraying poison of some sort I wouldn't rec any open bucket personally. And I doubt a tiny lil circ pump could blend 4 gallons of insecticide with water to the point I can shake an atomizer...

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

let us know how it works out GR33NL3AF :)
lol, I found a couple decent ones for the same price is not cheaper than an atomizer. My only concern now with the sprayer is cleaning the thing.

Do you have an atomizer?

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
lol, I found a couple decent ones for the same price is not cheaper than an atomizer. My only concern now with the sprayer is cleaning the thing.

Do you have an atomizer?
Yeah, I used to have an atomizer and I eventually traded it to a pal after I realized it sat more than got used. I really prefer the industrial plain 2 gal insecticide sprayer with a metal wand. Easier for me to utilize and they are cheap so I can replace it every year or so. I suit up top to bottom and really get in there when I do spray and the atomizer you gotta have some space between the plants and you but it does work. Loud as all hell and runs 7 amps as well. Keep in mind I fill up my 2 gal spray 2-3 times to spray a room completely so it's not that I can't use a bigger sprayer or setup, I just always went back to the plain sprayers...

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
I feel like I can cover 100% of a plant with the nice metal wand, with the atomizer you just blow the shit out of stuff and hope it hits all undersides....

waayne

waayne

GR33NL3AF
This is what I use in large areas,baba's right on point, you can't get too close with this ,but it will definitely spray a very fine fog/mist up to
30 feet easily....... the nozzle on the end adjusts how fine the spray or mist is.

This is as noisy as a shop vac....but speeds up my spray time considerably in large areas..it's overkill for a smaller area though or small plants......
http://www.ebay.com/itm/COMMERCIAL-...id=100033&prg=9149&rk=0&rkt=4&sd=201016999060

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF
This is what I use in large areas,baba's right on point, you can't get too close with this ,but it will definitely spray a very fine fog/mist up to
30 feet easily....... the nozzle on the end adjusts how fine the spray or mist is.

This is as noisy as a shop vac....but speeds up my spray time considerably in large areas..it's overkill for a smaller area though or small plants......
http://www.ebay.com/itm/COMMERCIAL-PORTABLE-SPRAYER-ATOMIZER/201016999060?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid=111000&algo=REC.RVI&ao=1&asc=20490&meid=4634656434233585527&pid=100033&prg=9149&rk=0&rkt=4&sd=201016999060
Thanks Waayne, I'm starting to think this would be a better product to use...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That's EXACTLY what I have. But I paid a lot more for mine (tax write-off!). ;)
Yeah, I used to have an atomizer and I eventually traded it to a pal after I realized it sat more than got used. I really prefer the industrial plain 2 gal insecticide sprayer with a metal wand. Easier for me to utilize and they are cheap so I can replace it every year or so. I suit up top to bottom and really get in there when I do spray and the atomizer you gotta have some space between the plants and you but it does work. Loud as all hell and runs 7 amps as well. Keep in mind I fill up my 2 gal spray 2-3 times to spray a room completely so it's not that I can't use a bigger sprayer or setup, I just always went back to the plain sprayers...
I use both of mine (I have a 26gal tank sprayer that goes on the back of a quad, and a rolling 5gal sprayer I use inside) regularly, but I also use my atomizer now that I have it when in larger enclosed spaces and I want an easier method of dispersal. I've even used my rubbing alcohol mix for spider mites in it, worked great, got everything nicely saturated and cleaned the surfaces to boot.

obsoul33t

obsoul33t

IBL
when your done spraying just run plenty of plain water through your sprayer and your good to go next round .. i have been using paint sprayers for a few years .run it at the lowest pressure setting and tips can be purchased in different size openings but i found the standard tip works great ..

as for mixing while spraying i have not found it to be an issue if using a good emulsifier , spreader/sticker in the solution

spray away

Sprayer 001
J

Jalisco Kid

I have used binks airless many times but not for floral. I use large commercial airbrush for this. It works well in flowering,shit goes where you want it to go. I to have not seen a separation in my mixes, it takes me about an hour to do 32 trees. I use this alot so I do not add oils/spreaders. Most commercial farmer just spray 2-3 times a cycle, I do that in a week sometimes. Oil gaks out the pores. JK

Latest posts

Top Bottom