Painting Concrete Floor

• Thread starter qupee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
qupee

qupee

As for the corners, it depends on the size of your room. If it is a small enough room just use a hand grinder for the whole thing. I know plenty of people say acid etch, but I personally wouldn't risk it, you won't beat diamond grinding it.

OH! And don't forget slip resistance! Add some silica or quartz sand, or some new product the manufacturers are pushing. Grow room work can get slippery!

The room's basically bathroom size, so not large. I just worry about the walls but I suppose tape should protect them. Good tip on the slip resistance, thanks.

Haha. Beginners handyman skills a must in growroom building. Imo

That's the truth. Painter, carpenter, electrician, design at the least.

Me and the wife did my 30 x 40 shop floor in about 8 hours and that was cleaning and etching to.i occasionally drive my skid loader in there to work on it,and it sweeps up much better than when it was bare concrete. I think i used 5 kits so 500.00 and like i said it still looks great.used that color i linked in my other post.i did not grind because it was a new floor and it has fibermesh in the mud.

Awesome! Thanks for those pics.

I have used a concrete grinder and they leave about a 2" strip around outside edge of room,will not get up against wall tight either.

Ok, that's about what I figured. My floor is pretty clean, I was thinking an acid etch might be ok. It's not like I'll be driving a skid loader on it, but then if it peals up that would suck. I like to do things right so I'll see what I find for grinding tools first.

shemshemet

shemshemet

Yeah check out rental costs and see what it is.

Also @sixstring is completely right, acid etch for a new floor is fine.

If you have any cracks you will want to chase them and fix them first also...

Top Bottom