Pale yellow leaves, white blotches, organic soil

• Thread starter The Wiz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

The Wiz

I only got the chance to put out a couple plants this season, and one of the strains I did put outside (Mekong High) is showing some strange deficiencies that I can't figure out. I would appreciate some tips very much, because I only have a few weeks at best left of my outdoor season.

I have been feeding with all organic nutes, and pretty heavily about every 2 weeks. In flower, I use FF Big Bloom, OG Molasses, Neptune's Harvest Fish+Seaweed, Great White Beneficial Nutes, and Organicare 6-6-5 pellet fertilizer. Also have used some powdered dolomite lime a few times.

Bud growth has been slow, but the buds that have grown look real nice and healthy. In the picture, the pale yellow coloring is pretty clear, also a few small brown spots, and a small white blotch can be seen on the leaf in the bottom-most right of the picture. There are more of these blotches randomly distributed throughout the plant.

If anyone could identify ANY of these symptoms, I would be very grateful and be sure to +rep you. Thanks for reading, and here's a pic:

-The Wiz

Pale yellow leaves white blotches organic soil
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I can't speak to those odd spots, but the plant looks hungry for nitrogen. However, if she's been going since spring then that yellowing is part of the natural progression of things.

intruder

intruder

the white splotch could be powdery mildew,the yellow is the plant using up the nitrogen it has available in the plant to make up for the difference it is not getting from the bloom nutes completly natural for this time of yr ,how much direct sun do they get?and how big is the pots there in?

not sure how far along they are or even where your at but this time of yr just about everyone's should be starting to get lighter and lighter as the days get numbered for the plants

T

The Wiz

Thanks Seamaiden. She has been outside since mid/late June, I started her indoors in late May. Ideally I would have started her earlier, however I wanted to keep her short and bushy for added stealth.

I agree she is hungry for N, and tomorrow I am going to give her a strong tea (1 Gallon, diluted to 2 after 24 hours of aeration) of:

2 tbsp Neptune's Harvest Fish and Seaweed
3 tbsp of the 6-6-5 organic pellets
2 tbsp of Big Bloom
2 tbsp Molasses
1 CUP Organic Earthworm Castings
2 tbsp High N Organic Bat Guano

I wish I had some rock phosphate to add into my tea mixture, does anyone know where to find this in powdered form? I have found the Organic Traditions rock phosphate in pellet form, and I probably should have just bought it and crushed it myself.

I guess I won't worry too much about the brown/white spots on the plant, because there is really nothing I can find on the internet or do to fix them, and they don't seem to be affecting the buds at least.

If anyone has any additional ideas or ingredients I should add to my organic tea recipe, please share your thoughts! I am pretty new to growing in general, especially organic and outdoor.

I will post final results/harvest pics on here in a few weeks. Hope all of your outdoor seasons are wrapping up nicely! Still lots of work to be done before sitting back and sparking these buds up :animbong:

T

The Wiz

intruder, I just saw your post after I replied to Seamaiden, THANK YOU for your insights.

Powdery mildew, interesting. Mekong High is supposed to be mold resistant, but I suppose mildew has different causes/implications. Guess I will research mildew on plants and see if that is something I should be concerned enough to fix.

Sun is direct on her nearly all day, besides ~2 hours of blockage in late afternoon and 1 or so hr in the very early AM. Pot size is between 15-20 gallons I think, I just know it's a really big pot and there is NO WAY she is rootbound. Prob about 6-7 weeks into flower? Hard to say exactly.

Thank you for making me feel much better about the pale yellow color of the leaves. I just don't recall it being this significant with some of my other plants, probably because I gave in and overfed them N during flower because I was a noob last summer.

intruder

intruder

the only reason I asked the size of the pot was I have a buddy with some in pots that get 2 hrs of sun a day LOL (he is a newb this yr) and have been light green since day 1,
if you have mildew get it off and then keep a fan on it ,so as the sun goes down it will keep the plant from catching the evening dew and sweating -if you can-I see it says east coast on your sig I am to but anywho,, and should keep the PM at bay

glad to be a help

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Where do you see the PM?

Wiz, I wouldn't bother with rock phosphate at this point, it's far too late for it to offer anything to the plant, takes too long to break down. It'll be available next year if you apply it now. You can use high P guano, or bone meal, which also has a good bit of N. If you haven't been feeding sugars, you should know that by giving a boost of sugars (molasses), assuming you have "microherd", you could cause further yellowing because the herd will gobble up the sugars and in doing so will use up available N, making it (temporarily) unavailable to the plant. Also, that's a LOT of molasses you plan on using for just one gallon of tea. I personally use around 1T/5gals. I also use other sugars, no need to stay married to molasses (although, it is the *tastiest* of all the sugars I use, just sayin').

If you really think that girl has powdery mildew, then use something like a physical barrier (horticultural oil) at this point. You're what... about a month out from harvest? Maybe three weeks? I'm around three weeks out myself.

Latest posts

Top Bottom