Panama Red

• Thread starter joaquin386
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

joaquin386

Hi Reef,

Can somebody contribute to put a couple of pictures of your Panama Red? Is it a pure Panama Red or mix with Skunk?

Also any effort to do a Pure SMCG?

Jo:character0025:

W

wyattthewiteboi

i donno if this info is good but heres what i found

Product Information
Manufacturer:Reeferman
Genetics:Panama Red
Pack Size:10 Seeds
Variety:Pure Sativa
Feminised Regular (not feminised)
THC Content:Unknown
Grows :Greenhouse, Grows indoors
Flowering Time :10-13 Weeks
Harvest Month :November
Product Description

Panama Red is so called due to the red hairs it produces. It is a very similar pure strain to Colombian Punta Rojo from Colombia but is significantly stronger. It is a good breeding strain.

File 45 5
J

joaquin386

Not much information appart what is stated in the Seecatalogue. Any grows? Anybody bought it? Experiences?

bigherb

bigherb

Farmer
Panama Red

From what I've gathered, Panama Red comes from any number of brash entrepreneurs who have damned the tides of oppression and grown copious amounts of primarily good old Colombian Red seeds in the wonderfully situated country of Panama, or any of her many isles.

Located a mere eight or nine degrees north of the equator, this tropical paradise has a coast on both the Pacific or the Caribbean Sea, without much distance between them, but a lot of elevation. The Panama Red that I am accustomed to was similar to the Colombian Red, but airier ? not as compressed. It had a unique island flavor to it, with a spicy/sweet Sativa rush. Some called it the Tequila of herb, as it produced a high that greatly lowered inhibitions, creating a desire to consume more until it was too late!

For some drinkers, the Panama Red did not mix too well with alcohol, but for most it was a pleasant party high.

I did grow some seeds of Panama Red on more than one occasion. The plants were of the medium bushy character of the Colombian Red, with a little more hermaphroditism, and very long flower cycle (12 weeks indoor, late November outdoors). Unfortunately, however, this was at the same time that I was also growing the famed Highland Thai and new Afghan plants that were so unique, new and powerful, and the Panama Red became neglected.

dj short strains of yesteryear

J

joaquin386

Thx bigherb much appreciated. Would like also to see some pictures from some growers or any particular experiences.

M

monkey5

Premium Member
Supporter
northone, please do alot of reading before you germ those seeds ! I have some freebies from gypsy that are from Sam the Skunk man..said to be 18 to 22 years old when i recieved them 5 years or so ago...I have had 3 out of 10 of those seeds germ for a friend i gave them to. On my germ rates i have been getting 100% on 6 to 10 year old seeds ! I use a metal nail file to scuff them around on the pointed end of the seeds !! Has not failed me yet ! Hope that helps you with them !! monkey5

Big Buddy

Big Buddy

I pop 20 and 30 year old seeds all the time, check out the williams wonder pics i put up, that was 4/5 from seeds made in 89, never know what could happen unless ya try.

N

No1s Wifey

Panama Red

From what I've gathered, Panama Red comes from any number of brash entrepreneurs who have damned the tides of oppression and grown copious amounts of primarily good old Colombian Red seeds in the wonderfully situated country of Panama, or any of her many isles.

Located a mere eight or nine degrees north of the equator, this tropical paradise has a coast on both the Pacific or the Caribbean Sea, without much distance between them, but a lot of elevation. The Panama Red that I am accustomed to was similar to the Colombian Red, but airier ? not as compressed. It had a unique island flavor to it, with a spicy/sweet Sativa rush. Some called it the Tequila of herb, as it produced a high that greatly lowered inhibitions, creating a desire to consume more until it was too late!

For some drinkers, the Panama Red did not mix too well with alcohol, but for most it was a pleasant party high.

I did grow some seeds of Panama Red on more than one occasion. The plants were of the medium bushy character of the Colombian Red, with a little more hermaphroditism, and very long flower cycle (12 weeks indoor, late November outdoors). Unfortunately, however, this was at the same time that I was also growing the famed Highland Thai and new Afghan plants that were so unique, new and powerful, and the Panama Red became neglected.

dj short strains of yesteryear

I just picked up some Panama Red from the tude, 1st time seeing a reeferman "breeder" pack, it was an interesting experience!

I was under the impression that they WERE the same strain (lumbo's punta roja and PR) just grown in different locales BUT since I don't have any punta rojo I can not compare......

By the way, I quoted BIGHERB because you left me a PM and I am unable to leave PMs (and at this rate it will be a year or 3 until I can!! :big_boss: )

I am unable to say for certain the condition of reef strains at that bank. When I left a straight out question about it here, they deleted it before anyone could answer...

I emailed Reef about it (He gave me the email addy when I told the truth about his SSH) but somehow he never got back to me.....

It seems to me,a legit question to ask in a Reeferman Help forum but it seems everybody has their own set of rules and regulations....

What I can say is that MY Panama Red from said bank were nice healthy brown seeds that do not look old or premature....

But as for how old or how good Reefs stock is in general (AT THAT BANK) is a question that only Reef can answer!! NoW (#1)

N

No1s Wifey

Ooops Sorry

Going over my Email It seems that Reef DID answer me and in a very timely way!
Don't know how I missed it, but like I figured, they are the newer stock. BUT, right now the Panama Red are currently out of stock, so I'm glad I got mine!!

Just wanted to set the record straight! Thanks

Also, no prob Big Herb, thats the only way I can answer pm's for awhile! :passingjoint:

S

sunslip

I have it going on its starting to smell at two weeks into flowering showing some interesting pheno's unlike most smells ive had before.

S

sunslip

did yours come like this

rman1.JPG
rman1.JPG
P1180005.JPG
123pr4.jpg
1203pr7.jpg
1203pr4a.jpg
1203pr5.jpg
1203pr6.jpg
1203pr3.jpg
1203pr2.jpg
1203pr1.jpg

This is where i am with the panama any tips on which phenos to look out for..?

Top Bottom