Panel sends Oregon hemp bill to Senate floor

• Thread starter Cali smoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cali smoke

Cali smoke

Panel sends Oregon hemp bill to Senate floor

SALEM - A bill allowing production and possession of industrial hemp on Oregon farms has cleared the Legislature's budget-writing committee. It now is on the Senate floor.

Bill sponsor Sen. Floyd Prozanski, D-Eugene, said he believes the bill will pass both chambers.

Prozanski said he believes the Obama administration is poised to remove federal roadblocks to hemp production.

Prozanski, who first introduced a bill legalizing industrial hemp production in 1997, said several elements combined behind Senate Bill 676 this session.

Lawmakers are better educated over the benefits of hemp, Prozanski said. Canada now actively produces industrial hemp. And several states have in recent years legalized the production.

Also, he said, the support of Sen. Dave Nelson, R-Pendleton - who is a co-sponsor of the bill - has helped generate Republican support.

"It will pass," Prozanski said of the bill. "I am going to be shocked if it doesn't."

Oregon would become the 15th state to legalize industrial hemp production if the bill is passed and signed into law.

The bill calls for the Oregon Department of Agriculture to regulate the production.

666elsie

Henry Ford could not have been wrong all those years ago,he saw that it was a renewable resource.
These educated boneheads,just aren't smart enough!

S

smithsutton

:smiley_joint: oh yeh time to make the doughnuts :smiley_joint:

ss ..

S

smithsutton

humm but it seems to me that we need to fight off the money flow that the textile ,oil ,ect company keep pouring into keeping themselves in place .. imho i think there just jerkin us all off with there lip service .. its a verry calculated moves .. just think in the last 9 years what the public has been told and what they recived as a nation .. tell ya what it aint got no better here .. when just 4 years ago i wasnt worried about shit now if it wasnt for growing id be foooked ..

look out for #1 fisrt .. there just strokin us all ..

ss ..

K

Kalcu

Genetically modified hemp? So it is THC free, no resin glands and will not cross with our medicine? A hemp Ghillie would would be awesome, not quite sure what burlap may be.

G

grizz

I was wondering about all that pollen ,makes me shudder to think about it.

M

Magic beans

Yeh that Grizz ^^^. A good wind storm and our outdoor crops would be seed. The positive and negative balance of all things, both need to be looked at.

Top Bottom