Paper Bag Method - Whole Plant Or Branches

• Thread starter Naturalx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Naturalx

Naturalx

Okay, So i've settled on placing my plant in a huge paper bag from the hardware store for storing leaves etc. It's big enough to fit the entire plant as a whole suspended. From what i've read a lot of people have used the paper bag method but they just seem to trim their buds into it and fluff them up. Is hanging it as a whole plant better in regards to it drying longer? Or is there too much potential for mold?

Erick31876

Erick31876

I never heard of people drying it in a paper bag. I always trim the fan leaves off and then hang branches up on a string to dry and once it's dry I do the final trim and cure them in sealed jars

Naturalx

Naturalx

I never heard of people drying it in a paper bag. I always trim the fan leaves off and then hang branches up on a string to dry and once it's dry I do the final trim and cure them in sealed jars
I would love to, however I still have two other plants going in my tent and I need to keep it in there to contain the smell due to my pregnant wife with raging hormones. So it's the only way I can protect them from the light.

M

motz

Old hippie method that is still being used.
The paper bag is for finish drying purposes.
Put them on a line at chop hang until they start to put on a crisp.
Don't overload the sack and put limbs and all in there.
Leave the top open, the sack breaths and let's moisture out thru the top and the paper also absorbs the moisture.
When the drying starts to getting good give the bags a shake also helps in cleaning process and makes hash while doing so.
Knocks off leftover hairs also(female old dead stamens)

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

I've been using paper bags for the second stage of drying for a long time. I wet trim, dry on the stem for a weekish, then trim the buds into large paper shopping bags. I fold down the top. You need to open and turn them a couple times in the first week. They stay there for about two weeks, until fully dry, then into ziplocs. Never a complaint about flavor. Fast and easy.

goingtoguano

goingtoguano

I've been using paper bags for the second stage of drying for a long time. I wet trim, dry on the stem for a weekish, then trim the buds into large paper shopping bags. I fold down the top. You need to open and turn them a couple times in the first week. They stay there for about two weeks, until fully dry, then into ziplocs. Never a complaint about flavor. Fast and easy.

^ I use this method now almost exactly (I go less than 2 weeks but my rh is low).

chemistry

chemistry

I've dried buds in a lit tent with no detriment to the finished bud.

Top Bottom