paper towel germ 86F still sprout?

• Thread starter kronicking420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kronicking420

kronicking420

Hey, I was curious if anyone knows if my seed will still sprout. I have left them on paper towel in a plastic bag on a heat mat for about 36 hours and it seems like the temp was 86F if not a little higher for that whole time and was wondering if anyone knows if I lower the temp and try to keep it around 77F will they have a chance to still sprout.

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

Yeah they sure do have a chance. I've always kept them in a wet paper towel at room temperature never knowing they should be kept warm and had a great success rate.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Yes to that , air out the bag so it dosent get moldy...
Maybe fresh up the towel with a new one and rinse the seed with a little soap water to ward off any bacteria that may have started in the bag....

BigDaddy

BigDaddy

Hey, I was curious if anyone knows if my seed will still sprout. I have left them on paper towel in a plastic bag on a heat mat for about 36 hours and it seems like the temp was 86F if not a little higher for that whole time and was wondering if anyone knows if I lower the temp and try to keep it around 77F will they have a chance to still sprout.
i have the same set up and the seeds did awesome. I give it more time

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Hey..maybe try a coffee filter instead of paper towels..No root sticking, even if the tap roots get too long.

kronicking420

kronicking420

hey thank you all for your responses. It seems like one of my seeds has cracked and is starting to form a tiny root and the other one looks like it might have cracked but no root quite yet. Thanks for the coffee filter suggestion I might use it in the future at some point but will probably try germinating directly in my soilless mix next time as a read multiple things saying the paper towel method has many disadvantages like the root sticking.

Top Bottom