Par for different cannabis strains (Indica, Sativa or hybrid)

• Thread starter Aperkins1972
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aperkins1972

Aperkins1972

While I ask this question, I do know everything is a hybrid now, but do Indica leaning, Sativa leaning or hybrids have different par’s they should grow under? My Indica’s plants seem like they want lower par. There leaves grow thinner under the led’s. Any comments are appreciated. Thanks!

growsince79

growsince79

While I ask this question, I do know everything is a hybrid now, but do Indica leaning, Sativa leaning or hybrids have different par’s they should grow under? My Indica’s plants seem like they want lower par. There leaves grow thinner under the led’s. Any comments are appreciated. Thanks!
I think it depends on the plant and environment more than the strain. Take identical clones of anything and compare one grown in 2gal of soil vs one grown in hydro. The plant in hydro can take more light. A clone vegged 1 week in one gal soil can't handle as much light as if it were vegged 1 month in a 5 gallon.
It's also not uncommon for plants from the same strain, size, and age to have different tolerances too.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

There may be some truth to that, but as has already been said, it seems to be much more associated with nutrition. I personally haven't noticed what you have noticed, but it could be that I really don't have any real indica doms. I have one plant that I grow that knocks me out, but by parentage, it's about a 50/50 hybrid.

Mudballs

Mudballs

Supporter
It's more pheno specific sensitivity than an indica or sativa issue. A single sativa plant could be incapable of handling what an indica can handle and vice versa.
If the breeder didn't do further breeding to increase uniformity, then you very well could have 2 sativas from same seed stock that have significantly different needs and optimum conditions, par included

Latest posts

Top Bottom