PAR reading for week 3 of veg?

• Thread starter av8ersteve
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

av8ersteve

Ok, my light is hanging around 18” from the top of plant, it’s at 65% and my PAR reading is 435. I’m in week 3 of veg. Is it that over the next few weeks I increase PAR till I’m at 600 for the last week of veg or do I want to get to 600 PAR faster?

freezeland2

freezeland2

Ok, my light is hanging around 18” from the top of plant, it’s at 65% and my PAR reading is 435. I’m in week 3 of veg. Is it that over the next few weeks I increase PAR till I’m at 600 for the last week of veg or do I want to get to 600 PAR faster?
Let the plants tell you, watch for light stress.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Agree with freezeland. Got a pic? What are the genetics?

Your control of the environment and ability to meet the needs of the plant will determine how much light to give. It is possible to be much higher than 600 if you have everything perfect and healthy plants of good genetics

A

av8ersteve

Gotcha. Watch the plant. If she starts to stretch to much, increase the PAR value, if she starts showing light stress, back off the PAR. I wish they could just talk but in a way… they are.

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

This might be controversial, but I think bigger plants need/want more light than smaller plants. I try to increase light intensity more or less smoothly from day one of veg through about three weeks before harvest. I'm targeting about 50% of my finishing light level when I flip to flower. If my leaves are praying at the end of the day, I'll bump the light level up. If the leaves are running from the light, I'll adjust it down.

Top Bottom