Parasitic Nematodes- Root Bulb Stem

• Thread starter GreenRectangle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GreenRectangle

GreenRectangle

Hi everyone! This is my first post. I am looking to talk with any growers that have experience in dealing with parasitic nematodes in cannabis. Especially how to eradicate them. Know species I’m dealing with are:

Root-
Meloidogyne sp.
Pratylenchus sp.

Stem Bulb-
Ditylenchus Dipsaci

Any info on these parasites would be greatly appreciated. I am dealing with a full scale out break. Thank you.

Parasitic nematodes  root bulb stem
dire wolf

dire wolf

Hi everyone! This is my first post. I am looking to talk with any growers that have experience in dealing with parasitic nematodes in cannabis. Especially how to eradicate them. Know species I’m dealing with are:

Root-
Meloidogyne sp.
Pratylenchus sp.

Stem Bulb-
Ditylenchus Dipsaci

Any info on these parasites would be greatly appreciated. I am dealing with a full scale out break. Thank you.
Oh snap , why is this image frightening me ?

GreenRectangle

GreenRectangle

There are many similarities in this thread that I am dealing with. Has there been any test results from a lab on these “Dudded” plants? Confirmed deficiencies? PH?

Ina

Ina

I have seen similar looking worms(very,very small,you can hardly see them with naked eye)getting out of one of my purchased seeds.I thought it was rotten from inside,squeeze it and threw it away.I am not sure what was it,kinda look like this one but i guess it is different....:/
Also i have seen similar creatures(but i think they were a little bit bigger,also hard to notice them because they look like thin,moving roots) in some of my soils when they were too wet and my plants were suffering, they just stopped growing☹I took the plants out of the soil and completely washed their roots,than replanted them , I used some kind of pesticide in the soil/on the roots and they survived but.....:(It was scary,i had to throw lots of soil.....Im not sure they were the same like these either. I haven't seen nematodes directly IN the stem,wow!Terrifying!!!!!!They are all nasty!
I would spray them with something appropriate.More than once:)Hope they are not in flower?also you could clean everything and check the soil.Are they in the soil to?Outdoors i use lime and i paint the stems with it(you know like fruit tree)when possible.I guess they wont like it.😤How old are your plants?Are they all infected?You could use something like lavender and wipe/spray the plant's stem and leaves.

GreenRectangle

GreenRectangle

Thank you Ina for the advice. Unfortunately my facility is USDA cert Organic. Spraying and drenching Azadirachtin to combat them right now. There are some other bacteria’s and fungus I have found that will help. They are in all my soil from clones to flower. We are scaling back our operation and stopped flowering. Currently we have over 13,000 plants in veg alone. Not including our clones and babies.

Ina

Ina

13 000 plants!wow! I thought you have few!Than let us know whats work against that in bio gardening.

GreenRectangle

GreenRectangle

Will do. I’m thinking kill everything off. Massive cleaning. Start again with our cultivars from tissue culture. Pasteurize the soil. Compost it and inoculate with bennies. Probably put us behind 6 months. Decision will be made this week.

Top Bottom